GWTW Forum
August 20, 2014, 01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Benson Deep Space Vented  (Read 1507 times)
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 21, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Hello all,
 I recieved my Benson DSV a couple weeks ago and have finally had the weather in which to fly it. The first weekend I tried to fly it the wind was blowing 20+ mph and yes it flew but trick it did not. My legs won't carry me that fast!! Though it did handle the winds well.

Today I flew it with the winds being from 5-10mph. This thing is a dream machine!! My buddy and myself included were surprised at how well it flew even at the low end of todays winds. I really did not expect it to get off the ground in 5-7mph but it flew great tricked well in lower winds with minimal back pedeling.
 I will have to quote my friend as he owns a Deep Space STD, he said the feel of the vented kite is exactly the same as the standard and he and I for that matter clicked with it imediately. All the tricks are there.
 It pops into a fade easily, backspins, half axles, cascades, rollups the list goes on and on and it does them readily! My flying partner even performed a couple comets with it!!  Cool

I would recommend this kite to anyone who is looking for an enjoyable kiting experience. As this is my first Deep Space I know that the Deep Space STD and UL are on my list of kites that I must have in my bag.

Thanks to Tim Benson for being such an incredible kite builder! Also, I have to thank Adrian Bickerstaffe for his reccomendation.

Charles

p.s.  I tried to post a picture but I don't know how to get em' on here.  Embarrassed

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:41 PM »

Thanks for the update.

With the vented flying that low you may not need a standard just a UL?  Roll Eyes
Charles P

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42 PM »

[quote

With the vented flying that low you may not need a standard just a UL?  Roll Eyes
[/quote]

That would be a serious consideration. I'll be thinking on that. It was a plesant surprise and we flew it on the default setting, I really liked it as it does not have a lot of pull until the winds get up higher (which they did) I did not adjust the bridle and chose to pack it up shortly thereafter as we could see rain approaching. Can't wait to try it again this week end. 

In the bag,

DD

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47 PM »

I would like a comparsion to std. I have flown mine std with heavy line and windbrakes in in bigger wind.
I highly recommend the std and the ul.

Sine Metu!
Charles P

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:39 PM »

I would like a comparsion to std. I have flown mine std with heavy line and windbrakes in in bigger wind.

I'll try to get my friend to weigh in more on this subject. He has flown the standard extensively and is also a much better pilot than myself. I've flown his DS a couple of times briefly and am hooked on this kite now as well, I will be seeking out the std and ul for sure!
  Give me a week and I will try to get the comparison your asking for.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:19 PM by zippy8 » Logged

In the bag,

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 07:58 AM »

I have a STD. Would love to try a UL someday.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29 AM »

The UL is awesome- flies when the Std. begins to struggle and is very tricky for an UL. You neeed one!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Wayner

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16 PM »

The UL is awesome- flies when the Std. begins to struggle and is very tricky for an UL. You neeed one!

So I found my christmas present.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 11:28 AM »

Yay!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document