Line Advise

(1/1)

Billybob:
Hi

I've just got a delta F tail xxl and would like some advice on what line i will need for it. I have been told i might need a line for light winds and a line for strong winds. Also i would like to use it as a lifter some of the time, so will i need a stronger line for this. Thanks in advance

thief:
just one line would be all you need....it is big enough to lift the line weight all the time..
i would use 250~300# (140 DaN) all the time on it...you could just go up to 500# (~220DaN) line and call it done in case you end up in high winds you would not need worry about the line breaking....just the frame instead ;)

it will be a great lifter too...

4m kite...nice one...

Billybob:
Thanks thief, must say can't wait to get it airborne. Can i check what the figures mean (250-300) is that breaking strain or what the line is, ie 250-300 Kg or lb line.

thief:
250/300/500# (pound) would be the U.S.found breaking strength of the line..
the Kilo test is relatively equal 1 to 1 for the DaN conversion factor...so that would work for the 220Kg or 140Kg line

I am guessing that you are over in the EU because as far as i know that kite is not sold here (it is a Colors in Motion designed kite that is most likely produced in the Premier Kites factory)...
so..the line you see in europe will be listed as the DaN

Billybob:
You are correct i'm in UK. So in US its 200lb / 250lb / 300lb line, doing a bit of research in UK that would equate to the below. Found in Uk mostly sold as KG or dan.

200 lb  /  90 kg
250 lb  /  113 kg  /  110 dan
300 lb  /  136 kg  /  140dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index