GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seattle Area Kite Enthusiasts Monthly Kite Fly  (Read 4663 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« on: October 26, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Monthly Kite Fly!!!

What: SAKE (Seattle Area Kite Enthusiasts) Monthly Kite Fly
When: First Sunday of Every Month from 10am to 4pm
Where: Kite Hill @ Magnuson Park, see  http://www.seattle.gov/parks/magnuson/kite.htm for directions

Notes:
   * This is an informal group of kite flyers getting together to fly and have some fun - there are no scheduled activities beyond that.  Come to fly, chat, relax, and enjoy a wonderful view of Lake Washington and Mount Rainier.
   * The park has ample parking right off the kite field
   * Restrooms are within walking distance
   * Water is within walking distance
   * No food is available in the park, so pack a lunch or plan to get something (food is available within a few miles of the park)
   * Generally there are no other activities on Kite Hill, but it may occasionally happen especially during Summer, so check this thread before heading out.

I will post monthly reminders and updates here.  Obviously, this will be more fun during the Summer, but I fly all Winter (and so should you!)  Smiley

6 kite tom
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 12:07 AM »

What a great idea!  Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:06 AM »

One of these days I'll get up there for an event. BE nice to meet all you guys in person.
tpatter

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 11:21 AM »

One of these days I'll get up there for an event. BE nice to meet all you guys in person.

Sounds good!  I have flown with people from all over the world at kite hill.  I wasn't flying then, but when Prism was king, this was one of THE places to fly.  What's odd is that the wind, while often good enough to fly, is not often great.  Still, it's the most consistent I've found in the area.

DiHong, myself, and others have been talking about this for some time.  We decided to post here and see where it goes.  There are a fair number of flyers in the Seattle area now.  I would expect a pretty good turnout once we get some decent weather.

Tom

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:41 PM »

The forecast for this Sunday (10/4) looks like decent wind from the South at around 8mph, 50% chance of rain.

I have something going on in the morning, but will be there after 1.

-Tom

6 kite tom
dihongshao2000

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Cool...will be there. 

Bring your Tekken DOA and your iphone.  Let's get a few footages for VF-25  Wink
tpatter

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Cool...will be there. 

Bring your Tekken DOA and your iphone.  Let's get a few footages for VF-25  Wink

No worries, they both go with me everywhere!  Smiley

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 03:42 PM »

My schedule dictates that the first Sunday of 2013, I will be available.  Hoping for balmy temps, decent southerly winds and dry skies.  Blue sky and a temp of 60 + F. would be ideal.  Wink   Cheesy

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:55 PM »

What's the fastest way of getting there from Barcelona?

It looks like such a beautiful & great place to fly! And with all of you guys there...!   Cry

N.   Cry

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
tpatter

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:16 PM »

For the first of the monthly flys, the weather did not fully cooperate! Smiley  I met a couple of power kiters on the field and we had some good times flying.

I started flying my Transformer vented, then moved to the Fearless Vent and stayed on that one.  The winds started out very gusty and high teens, so it was mostly higher wind tricks and flying.  Near the end of the day, the wind smoothed out and came down to maybe 6-8 or so and I flew the Tekken.

All in all, not a bad day considering that its Fall in the Pacific Northwest.  Smiley

6 kite tom
dihongshao2000

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Traded a few text messages with Tom while he was flying at the field on Sunday.  I was somehow "chickened out" due to high wind and uncertainty weather on possible rain.  I do not have a vented kite of any kind for that kind of wind.  I feel really bad that I have to leave Tom alone at the flying field...will try to do better next time  Wink

Part of the reason of my no show is that I tried out Tom's new toy Tekken DOA the day before on Saturday  Grin...what a kite...even in 10+ mph wind.  I had a lot of fun flying it.
Kantaxel

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:16 AM »

I would have been there rain, shine, hurricane or dead calm had I not been sleeping off the effects of a horrendously busy grave shift at the hospital.  After all, just watching Tom fly a Lam kite is enough entertainment and could have been watched from the comfort of your vehicle.   Shocked   Sad

Kantaxel

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Tom,
Is this going' to be a happening this coming weekend?

The Seahawks are playing but they should have won
by the afternoon, right?

Jim Embarrassed

Kantaxel

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 04:34 AM »

Oh!  I jumped the gun badly.  The Seahawks play at 1:00 Pm our time........looks like I'll have to get up early to make it on Sunday.   Sad

tpatter

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01 AM »

I'll be there in the morning as well - weather looks good (no rain and sun) at this point, wind looks to be SUL, but that can change in the next few days.

Looking forward to seeing you Jim - I've got a few new kites that you can try out.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography