GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seattle Area Kite Enthusiasts Monthly Kite Fly  (Read 4701 times)
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Don't think I have anything new for you Tom, but it will be an issue to find a kite to fly.  It's been since Whidbey since I last 'wet' the strings...... Cry

Looking forward to the Tekken........Someday when I get rich   Cool

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 02:24 PM »

I can show up one of these days to fly with you guys

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
johnguz76

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 04:56 PM »

I'll be there this Sunday and fly with you guys if weather permits..

tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Sounds good!  Weather looks about 50% which is about all that you can hope for this early!  I will be selling Girl Scout cookies with my daughter in the morning, but will be at The Hill around 1:30 - hope to see you there.

Tom

6 kite tom
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 07:13 AM »

Sounds good!  Weather looks about 50% which is about all that you can hope for this early!  I will be selling Girl Scout cookies with my daughter in the morning, but will be at The Hill around 1:30 - hope to see you there.

Tom

Well we lucked out on the weather..........wind was so-so if existent, but all in all it was fun to see the sun.  Nice to meet you John.....next month?

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 11:27 AM »

This Sunday is the day.

The weather looks bleak - 80% chance or rain with 90% chance of cloud cover.  Wind forecast looks workable.

Luckily, our weather forecast seems to often miss the mark, so we can only hope.

I will be there if its not raining, or just light rain.

6 kite tom
johnguz76

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 10:43 AM »

It's dumping here,have to pass this time

tpatter

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 01:36 PM »

Some of the best weather on the planet this last week - another great day tomorrow!

Wind looks good as well - bring your sunscreen!!  Smiley

I can't fly all day. but l be there a few hours in the morning and also late afternoon. 

6 kite tom
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 10:25 AM »

One of these days I'll get up there for an event. BE nice to meet all you guys in person.

Sounds good!  I have flown with people from all over the world at kite hill.  I wasn't flying then, but when Prism was king, this was one of THE places to fly.  What's odd is that the wind, while often good enough to fly, is not often great.  Still, it's the most consistent I've found in the area.

DiHong, myself, and others have been talking about this for some time.  We decided to post here and see where it goes.  There are a fair number of flyers in the Seattle area now.  I would expect a pretty good turnout once we get some decent weather.

Tom

Tom,

Kite hill was only THE place to fly because its the best least terrible spot around Seattle. And it was in a few of Prism's training videos with Mark flying really well. I think people may have thought it was a good place to fly from seeing that. 

And.... It used to be better years and years ago when the trees were much shorter.

If the wind is light, kite hill can be pretty decent.(as you know) 

Ill try to get out to your fly next month. I didn't see this thread before today.
tpatter

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 10:47 AM »

Thanks John - I look forward to it.

Yesterday was pretty decent all in all.  I was only able to fly from 10 until 1, but it was sweet UL weather during that time.   The kind of wind where you could easily hold a steady fade without much tending (at least in parts of the window) which as you say, is very good wind for Kite Hill.

I did meet up with a few of the kite hill regulars, but you really needed a lighter wind kite in order to have too much fun on Sunday.  Being on of the early nice weekends so far in the Seattle area, it was packed with all sorts of other kite flyers as well - a good time.

I flew on Sat for an hour or 2 as well and met some new people that I had not seen before.  A woman, can't recall her name now, had a few E2s and  was teaching a 4 year old to fly which was pretty cool.  He was doing very well for a beginner - picked it up quickly.  I had no idea that the E2 was so tough.

Tom
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:51 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 11:58 PM »

Weather, if not the wind, looks good for tomorrow.  I'll be there around 2 tomorrow.   

I think that we will have wind, just a bit westerly which is often not ideal, but workable.  In other words, typical kite hill afternoon winds.

6 kite tom
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 12:51 PM »

Almost 1:00 now and the wind is scarce. Even the prism vapor at the top of the hill is having trouble.  That being said, it was a fine chance to fly my newly completed Pink Sul... Flies fine, and would look more capable in someone else's hands, I'm sure.  I did manage the occational axel and to keep it in the air for more than a few minutes at one point!  Anyway, I'm off to grab a bite and I'll head back to the hill around 2 or 2:30.
tpatter

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07 PM »

I'll get there around 2:30.  Bring that MXS if you would - I want to try that one out if we have the wind.

Thanks,
Tom

6 kite tom
Cyphert
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 07:59 PM »

ohh nice!! ill come to this whenever i have a sunday free. i shoot all the kite festivals so mostly im at other kite events.  ill have to bring my 50 micron stack out to play.
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 10:15 AM »

July SAKE fly at kite hill this Sunday the 7th.  I'll probably head out after I eat lunch... to be there by 1:30.  Hope to see some folks there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography