GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prism Elixir  (Read 1259 times)
hawkerhunter
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 28, 2012, 08:25 AM »

Had a fly of my classic Elixir yesterday. It doesnt come out very often so I thought I would share a couple of photos with you.

006 by hawkerhunter, on Flickr

009 by hawkerhunter, on Flickr
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:38 AM by hawkerhunter » Logged
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:31 AM »

Truly a beautiful kite.

And certainly one of the trickiest kites which did not

have to resort to weights and yoyo stoppers.

Thanks for sharing.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Hadge

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20 AM »

Nice to see some of the classic Prism's.

There was a mint condition Vapor for sale on the 'Other Place' a few days ago...it was for sale for about 30 minutes!!   Someone got a beautiful kite...sadly not me!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 05:38 AM »

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh.....   Huh

I definitely want one...

How much for yours?  Wink

N.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
hawkerhunter

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Glad you like the Elixir. Unfortunately this bad boy is not for sale. Cry

Steve
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 03:35 PM »

Hehe love my lix.  For its day it was ahead of its time and capable of most if not all of todays flippy tricks.  I find it funny that until the Zephyr it was thought that modern trick kiting was passing prism by but yet if you go back to the Elixir and Eclipse they were there before most others but the tricks weren't around as much then or as "main stream" as they are now.  Just watching what JW can do with a lix all without tail weight or yoyo stops will blow you away.

Should pull out my unflown Jungle Lix for a photo shoot and some fly time since I sold my spectrum.
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 11:04 AM »

There was a mint condition Vapor for sale on the 'Other Place' a few days ago...it was for sale for about 30 minutes!!   Someone got a beautiful kite...sadly not me!

Gladly it was me  Grin

Got the kite today, and she looks absolutely gorgeous. I've had a Vapor on my wish list for a looooooooooong time. The few that I have seen for sale were always beyond my budget (given shipping costs and import/customs charges) so I didn't think I'd actually own one one day.

Can't wait for a crisp and cold winter day, clear blue sky, ground covered in snow, and no wind  Cool 

Hadge

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35 PM »

You grabbed that kite so quick I'm suprised the seller still has 2 hands!!!

Nice catch, it's a lovely kite.  Wink

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52 PM »

^ Who says the seller still has two hands??? He might just be flying SLKs now ...

Yes, I was quick, but with a kite like this on offer, you either react quickly, or you don't react at all  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document