Imagine a tool where:
- Newbies can see which kites are the best starter kites as rated by all the community
- Half experienced pilots can check which could be their trainer kite
- Team fans could see which kites are preferred most by other teams
- Tricksters could see which kites best do spin tricks or roll tricks
- Anyone can compare ULs according to the community experience and even compare between the preferences in Noth America, Europe, Down Under, South America, etc.
I was thinking we could try to do that through a Google Drive Form/Surveys tool. It would allow each person to answer a survey like set of questions on each existing kite. Then the answers would be displayed in different rating graphs to allow anyone to see the results of the knowledge of the kite community worldwide.
I was thinking the steps to be taken in doing this:
1. Think which categories (kitegories) would be interesting to attach to each kite
2. Define the most complete list of kites and in a way it can be expanded easily
3. Define the survey for everyone to fill
4. Define the different ways that information can be displayed to allow for different queries and points of view
So, I started defining the kitegories and I though of the following:
+ Starter: how good a starter a kite is; i.e. starting to fly, basic controls, turning, circling, basic landing
+ Trainer: how good is a kite to start going further from Starter; i.e. elementary tricks to start going into better control
+ Spin Tricks:
+ Roll Tricks:
+ Cost-Performance Ratio
These would be rated from 1 to 5 (or do you think it would be better to have 1 to 10?)
We would then have tags identifying the type of kite:
To be able to define whether the kite is really in that type irrespective of what the manufacturer says. So these would be only Yes/No.
DO you think such tool would be useful?
Do you think we could get the community to really participate?
Are you willing to do so?
Do you have any new kitegories to be added that you think would really be useful?
Do you have any other suggestions?
Well, I have thrown my idea to the community.
I now would like to hear from you.
P.S: I really didn't know where to post this... so I decided to place it here. But if anyone thinks it should go somewhere else please tell me and I'll swap it or duplicate it.