Bet you can't do that: +540-540

<< < (2/4) > >>

vertigo2u:
A 540 has to finish with the kite going upward.  If not it's not a 540...  I have also done what you are saying by accident.  Start a 540 as it finishes and starts to move upward.  Line is caught in leading edge and reverses it'self ... Is that what your talking about ?  Cause I got video some place...

B-13:
Quote from: vertigo2u on November 04, 2012, 08:50 AM

A 540 has to finish with the kite going upward.  If not it's not a 540... 

TRUE!!!
If the trick is not completed then it's not the trick

Ara Ararauna:
Hi,

In my case it was indeed a two-way 540.

The kite starts correctly from a dive and an asymmetric flare (just as Prism's video explains)
Then, when I pulled the right line, the kite did start a 540 spin but since I did not provide sufficient slack the lines got tangled on the wing tip.
Nonetheless, the 540 spin was fully and correctly performed and finished.
However, when the kite should have exited upwards (as you say), since the lines were tangled on the tip of the wing, my pull made the kite start a 540 in the exact opposite direction.
So I gave slack to let it finish the new opposite 540.
By the time it finished the new 540, the lines had untangled from the wing tip.
Hence, when I pulled again for the kite to exit the trick, it did!
It exited by flying up.

So, at least in my case, the trick was indeed a +540-540 or, if you will, a 540 counter-clockwise & 540 clockwise, or a 540 right & 540 left.

N.

Wayner:
Quote from: Ara Ararauna on November 04, 2012, 01:42 PM

Hi,

In my case it was indeed a two-way 540.

The kite starts correctly from a dive and an asymmetric flare (just as Prism's video explains)
Then, when I pulled the right line, the kite did start a 540 spin but since I did not provide sufficient slack the lines got tangled on the wing tip.
Nonetheless, the 540 spin was fully and correctly performed and finished.
However, when the kite should have exited upwards (as you say), since the lines were tangled on the tip of the wing, my pull made the kite start a 540 in the exact opposite direction.
So I gave slack to let it finish the new opposite 540.
By the time it finished the new 540, the lines had untangled from the wing tip.
Hence, when I pulled again for the kite to exit the trick, it did!
It exited by flying up.

So, at least in my case, the trick was indeed a +540-540 or, if you will, a 540 counter-clockwise & 540 clockwise, or a 540 right & 540 left.

N.

Ara, your description is the same way mine were done.  It must be offical, we have an new trick  :D

Just to restate, this is a normal 540 with a tip wrap. So, the normal taking up the lines to exit the trick results in an input at one of the leading edges through the tip wrap. The opposite rotation unwinds the tip wrap and you are ready to fly off.  ???  Both rotations look great; slow, smooth and flat. 8)    Just wish I had planned it.  :-[

Sad note; My inputs are getting better and reducing tip wraps, so my ability to preform this trick will soon be gone.  :D

Wayner:

If you were to do this trick without the tip wrap (but where is the fun in that)  :D

You would do a 540 and then do an axel in the opposite direction.

Ara,
Your neat trick is a is a 540 rotation plus a 360 rotaton.
a 540 has one and a half turns, and starts with the nose and kite facing away from you
a 360 has one full rotation and starts with the kite and nose facing you

You start the 540 with the nose/kite is facing away, upon completing the 540, the nose is facing you. The opposite rotaton is one full rotaton where the nose/kite starts and stops while facing you. If you did a full 540 one the opposite rotation the kite would be in a flare, nose away (back were it started).

Doesn't change this neat trick just the specs as to what is happening.  ;)

Hope you catch it on video ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page