GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 08:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Bag Deal!  (Read 859 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 10, 2012, 12:29 PM »

Hi,

I was looking for bags for my kites but none of the kite bags really convinced me (at least those I had access to from my local store).
So as suggested by some of you I started to look for fishing bags (no luck), ice hockey bags (no luck), ski bags (bingo!)   Cheesy

I was so lucky to find this one:

It is a Tijuana brand ski bag but a bit shorter than usual (only 170cm as opposed to the usual 180cm, perhaps is for junior skis).
So I guess this is why its regular price of 29Euros was lowered to 18Euros!!!   Cheesy   Cool
Moreover, it was the last one and hidden well behind many others so I was almost leaving the department store when I luckily saw it...  Shocked

It is great. In the picture you can see it opens fully and it is currently holding my Soul, Talon, Nexus and my SLK Conyne. But I would say it can hold three or four kites more comfortably.
The lateral pouches are great. They are not only the size you see. If you put your hand inside they go up and down through the inside up to the straps level. So loads of things to put in there. On one side lines, my wind flag, water bottle hidden from view, tapes, etc. On the other, gloves, scarf for winter, cap, etc.

Oh yes... and it is padded all around!

The carrying satraps that come with it are really comfortable to carry the bag around.

So I feel like I won a good lottery prize!   Huh   Grin
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:45 PM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Yeah, Skibags are great. They come in a lot of different lengths for all tastes, are generally good build and sturdy. Plus inexpensive. I use one for my light load when i don't want to tot around my big selfmade bag.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Great find  Grin
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:29 PM »

Sweet, most of the Ski Bags I find are a bit long. Those extended pockets sound ideal for those things you want to have on hand although not used that often. Nice score.

I usually find those straps at the ends to be a pain, but they do come in handy when traveling.  When I've taken an airplane with kites I've broken the leading edges down to keep the bag shorter, they come in handy then to tie the bag together while folded in half. I was told by a frequent flier with kites that the secret to reduce damage is to pack the kites as short and bundled as tightly as possible.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:36 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Sweet, most of the Ski Bags I find are a bit long. Those extended pockets sound ideal for those things you want to have on hand although not used that often. Nice score.

I usually find those straps at the ends to be a pain, but they do come in handy when traveling.  When I've taken an airplane with kites I've broken the leading edges down to keep the bag shorter, they come in handy then to tie the bag together while folded in half. I was told by a frequent flier with kites that the secret to reduce damage is to pack the kites as short and bundled as tightly as possible.

Thanks, great tips!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change