GWTW Forum
July 25, 2014, 06:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spin Axel Practice  (Read 941 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 11, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Hi, this is my first video!

I was practising spin axels on the left and right alternatively with my FW Soul.
FW Soul stunt kite: Spin Axels Practice

Not the best shooting...

Also some spin axels look like fast turns but some are quite flat and pretty...   Grin

It is really strange now that I see myself doing this...  Shocked
any comments on how to improve my movements will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 10:24 PM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 04:47 AM »

It's really hard to see the pilot in the video, but here's something to try... take a step towards the kite just during the axel portion. I'm not saying it will make it better, but it will give your axel that spinny, floaty effect. It was hard to tell, but I don't think I saw the pilot moving his feet at all...

~Rob.

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:58 AM »

Thanks Rob.
Yes, I know the video is not great especially after Youtube compression. But if you choose HD and full screen it is much much better.

I do move my feet and try to step forward but I'll take greater care in doing so.
Thanks!  Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 08:21 AM »

From what I could tell, I liked the end result, especially the slower ones, but in general, I think you can get more out of tricking by keeping your arms closer to your body. Or at least just not keep your arms so far out in from of you (especially the beginning of the video). All in all very nice. Been curious to try a Soul for a while.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:40 AM »

I think you can get more out of tricking by keeping your arms closer to your body. Or at least just not keep your arms so far out in from of you

Argh! I know, I know...   Sad
I do try hard but it is stronger than me!   Cry

But I'll persist, endure  Huh and finally win!  Grin

Thanks for the comments!

In my bag...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Oh you totally will. You're super close and they're looking great. Keep at it!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 04:31 AM »

Thanks Rob.
Yes, I know the video is not great especially after Youtube compression. But if you choose HD and full screen it is much much better.

I do move my feet and try to step forward but I'll take greater care in doing so.
Thanks!  Smiley
I did as you said, and yes, I can see a little better. I can see your feet moving, which is good. Mine used to lock in place when I would fly, and it was the hardest habit to break. How ever you get your slack, by walking forward or loading up & releasing with you arms, a burst of slack right after the axel input would give the trick a nice flat floaty rotation. The same is true of the 540, lots of slack. You have to run forward sometimes to give the 540 enough slack...

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 08:29 AM »

Thanks RobB!
I'm really looking forward to trying all this next weekend!

Cheers.

In my bag...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document