GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elixir vs. Illusion vs. Vapor  (Read 3803 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 02:42 PM »

Hi, (I searched this web site for this and found no previous talks)

I am thinking of getting an "old school" Prism kite as my next kite.

I like a lot the Elixir (Spectrum specifically) http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/2687/362127020544b575983.jpg
the Illusion, like this one: http://www.kareloh.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/illusion.jpg
and the Vapor, like this one: http://www.windpowersports.com/images/kites/prism/vapor/vapor.png or this one http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x13/jediturtle/kites/DSC_2250.jpg

So, my question is, although they are "old school" which one is the more apt tricker (flat spins especially)

I thought I had a clear choice towards the Elixir, but I also like the other a lot so I need something to help me choose for this next "investment"  Wink

Thanks.

The second Vapor is mine!  Smiley  Small world!  Amazing and beautiful kite.  Best of luck in your search.  It would take an awful lot to get me to part with mine!
I took me over 10 years to get my purple vapor and thats one kite I will probably be buried with  Cheesy  The only other old school SUL i like as much as my vapor is Herb Weldons Synchro.  Just need to get one of those and a prodancer sul and I will have my top 3 Smiley
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Past history.... Let them go.

I do miss my Vapor sometimes (I traded it for a Proto Exile). But I have modern SUL's that more than take it's place.

For nostalgia flying, I would rather launch the 'lix...
CV

Ca Ike

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 05:15 PM »

I do miss my Vapor sometimes (I traded it for a Proto Exile). But I have modern SUL's that more than take it's place.

CV
For me its not just nostalgia.  THere's just something about the way some kites fly that just can't be replaced.  Now keep in mind I'm talking about flying here, not just tossing it around in a perpetual stall.
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Once again, I see you have my back Ike...

CV

tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 07:19 PM »

CV
For me its not just nostalgia.  THere's just something about the way some kites fly that just can't be replaced.  Now keep in mind I'm talking about flying here, not just tossing it around in a perpetual stall.

I think that as well - right up to the point that I actually fly the nostalgic kite!  Smiley

Anyhow, it's all good - fly what you like and enjoy life. 

Tom

6 kite tom
Stickman
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 05:03 PM »

I would vote Lixer and Proph-still in my bag and still get fly time notwithstanding JOE's/Transformer etc.

"Breaking sticks is part of the process"
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 08:37 PM »

a few Vapor pics I found in one of my backup drives:
Awesome pictures. I don't know what I'm more jealous of: The vapor or the location. I visited Vancouver once. Awesome place, but I hate the hockey team.
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 05:44 AM »

This is mean skb...
I can't get one and you keep showing off with these great pics!  Cry

Some day I'll get a Vapor and then...  >Smiley

Cheers.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Ca Ike

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 10:44 AM »

This is mean skb...
I can't get one and you keep showing off with these great pics!  :'(

Some day I'll get a Vapor and then...  >Smiley

Cheers.
You mean one like in these Ara? Tongue

0378anthony by Ca Ike, on Flickr

0379anthony by Ca Ike, on Flickr

prism prophecy and vapor by Ca Ike, on Flickr

Prism Vapor by Ca Ike, on Flickr
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Just wait until I find out where you live CaIke...   Angry

You better keep it in a safe. They don't call me Ara swift hands for nothin'    Grin

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 08:48 PM »

What's hockey?  Lips sealed

SKB, please listen carefully. Don't post your location. I fear the Canadian authorities may be tracing your posts. I will ask the moderators to wipe your post off this thread. If you are confronted by a mountie, just say that you "love hockey, eh" and if pressed, say you hope the Canucks will be "lighting the lamp" soon or Roberto Luongo should be "riding the pine".  Lips sealed

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:15 AM by Tmadz » Logged
Curtis Bias

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Just went to a youth hockey championship game last night.( One of the greatest shows on the planet to be sure. ) Flat Spins on an old scchool Prism the man says. These kites will all do them nice and flat with ease. The Eclipse did them so well. The Elixir does so much and can still get very flat if you know when to give the inputs and slack. The Vapor does flat spins until the cows come home. If you take it to the top of the wind window and start the spin, you can just keep giving slack at the right time and watch it pinwheel all the way to the ground. Illusion....Are you talking the I2K or Classic Illusion? I found the Classic to be the better of the two kites, but liked the looks of the I2K more. - My favorite Prism is still the Prophecy. It isn't on your list, but it should be.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography