GWTW Forum
July 24, 2016, 02:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solaris Extreme by New Tech??  (Read 27054 times)
Dolittle
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 19, 2016, 10:04 AM »

Does anyone know if "New Tech" made a "Solaris Extreme" kite?  There is one listed on the 'auction site' but something about it doesn't look right and I can't find any mention of a "Solaris Extreme" just a "Solaris Rainbow" by New Tech when I google.  They also have a "Nova Extreme" listed.

Any thoughts?  Thx  J.
Charles G
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 10:35 AM »

Yes, New Tech made a Solaris Extreme. It was a larger version of the Solaris. The one on the auction site is just broken down to fit in its bag.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:44 AM by Charles G » Logged

thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:56 AM »

The nova Extreme is an upright open faced 8 (iirc) point star shaped.   flys in a vertical attitude...needs wind...
Solaris extreme is a fun one...nice size...

btw: I know that there were two sizes of the Solaris extreme.   the bigger one was much better...and the smaller one was a little flexible due to the solid fiberglas rods...
also i have a vague recollection that there was a version made by GoFlyaKite as well...but that could prove to be wrong...

And a side note that these are modified Peter Lynn TriD Box designs....very fun...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:59 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Charles G
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 11:20 AM »

The nova Extreme is an upright open faced 8 (iirc) point star shaped.   flys in a vertical attitude...needs wind...

Yep, a big kite too, about 8 ft from point to point.

also i have a vague recollection that there was a version made by GoFlyaKite as well...but that could prove to be wrong...

Yes, GFAK made a version of the Solaris, much smaller at 39" tall.

Controlled Crash

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 06:43 PM »

Yep, a big kite too, about 8 ft from point to point.

First time I put it together was in the garage, the kite won't fit through any door in my house.

New Tech also made a Diamond Extreme (about 6' tall) and a Rokkaku Extreme (about 7' tall).  The Rok has a lot of pull even in 10 Mph wind. It is as agile as a mountain. In the hands of someone skilled it might make a great battle kite, but the only fight I could muster was it fighting me to pull it down.

To give you an idea of the prices they sold for, I paid $60.00 for the Diamond, $69.99 for the Rokkaku, and $89.99 for the Nova (8' star), all new, bought from a kite shop. I do not own a Solaris Extreme, nor do I have any idea what it sold for new.   
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 04:19 AM »

Solaris was 100$ in my shop

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Dolittle

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 04:55 AM »

Thank you for the good information, everyone.  Very helpful.  They look beautiful and sound like very nice kites, but his prices seem a little high....I'll be patient on these....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom