GWTW Forum
April 28, 2015, 11:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indoor flying in California?  (Read 461 times)
twhite510
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 22, 2015, 03:57 PM »

I have a couple of Doug's Birds of Prey that I have been flying. (Awesome gliders by the way) Anyhow I really want to try these out indoors. I have been looking for someplace to fly indoors. NO luck. Sad Does anybody know where to fly indoors? I live in the LA area. I would be willing to travel a few hours to get to do it. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Tom
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+5)

Re:
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 04:35 PM »

Contact your local YMCA.

Charles G
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04 PM »

The San Diego Kite Club will be having our monthly indoor fly at the Alliant University gym this Friday from 7:30 to 9:30 PM. We share the facility with a group of electric RC airplane fliers. There is more than enough room for everyone to fly without issue.

twhite510

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 05:23 AM »

Thank you both for the info. I will check out your web page to see about next month. I ready have plans this Friday.
twhite510

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:08 AM »

Charles

When is next months indoor fly?
Thanks
Charles G
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:30 AM »

The indoor flys are usually on the fourth Friday of the month unless there's a conflict with sports activities in the gym. That is case next month, so we'll be flying on May 8th.

twhite510

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 05:16 PM »

Thanks. I will do my best to make it.
bojocatkite
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 11:53 PM »

Hi, if you are in the San Fernando Valley I know that there are indoor scale models flyers who have indoor sessions in Burbank I believe, it's not kite but I'm sure they would be happy to accommodate for you to try, those guys are really cool.
I can't remember the details but contact the hobby shop "Smith Bros Hobby Center" 8941 Reseda Blvd, Northridge, CA 91324 - (818) 885-8636, the owner who is an adorable old man specialized in free flight and will give you the information where the "indoor" guys are flying. If you talk to him, I'm sure he will be more than happy to welcome you, ask for him as he's not in the shop every day.

In my experience, when I was flying indoor years ago (in France), when it was time to explain what I wanted to do to ask for gymnasium reservation, people who of course didn't know anything about kite where really thinking I was crazy to fly a kite indoor... and of course when I was getting a slot, they were blasting the AC in the gymnasium  Roll Eyes

Good luck.
twhite510

« Reply #8 on: Today at 06:31 AM »

Thanks for the info. I live in Burbank. I will get in contact with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

Smooth Winds
Smooth Winds

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum