GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken SUL  (Read 3303 times)
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 11:15 PM »

I have completely worn out one Fearless already, and am starting on the rest. It is nice to have a bag full so I won't run out.  Grin
CV

kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 06:31 PM »

So i will ask here...
I flew my really old sea devil mid vent today, and while it does fly really well still, its purdy beat up...(nylon sail) it was very windy and made think a full vent would be better today.

I have a fearless vtd ul which i probably should have gotten out.

In a nut shell: yall help me decide what to order next...
Should i get anoth sea devil which i really like, or get a new design to replace the mid sea devil?
Ie; do the newer designs like the Tekken fly differently than the sea devil?
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53 PM »

So i will ask here...
I flew my really old sea devil mid vent today, and while it does fly really well still, its purdy beat up...(nylon sail) it was very windy and made think a full vent would be better today.

Should i get anoth sea devil which i really like, or get a new design to replace the mid sea devil?
Get what you like.  IMO the fearless is better than the SD but I like the WM, DS and a few others over the FL.  If you like the Seadevil get another one.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01 PM »

So i will ask here...

I have a vented Tekken, but haven't had much time on it yet in high winds.  In std sorts of wind, it's as good as the others which is oh so fine indeed.

When its truly ballistic, I pull out my orange fearless (5 pt frame) and set it to the nose forward knot.   This thing will fearlessly fly in any wind you are man enough to stay out in without pulling your arms off.   Mine also has the 3 point bridle, although I've been told that the turbo is better for high winds.  I like it so much as-is that I've never bothered to change it to the reverse turbo.  Competing last year, I flew on super long lines when the sand was being blown down the beach with no concerns.  It's a solid frame and the kite speds wind well.  

My Transformer vent has a 3pt frame.  Due to that kites smaller size and having less pull, I think a 5 pt frame or a 3/5 pt frame would be even better for a high wind kite.   I've never broken anything on my Trans, but when you get int the high 20s you can see the lower LEs bend a little on the 3pt vent which makes me a bit nervous.   Next time I break a LE, I plan on swapping out the lowers for 5pt and see how I like that.

I can't wait to see how the Tek does in higher wind?  My feeling is that, due to its bigger sail and more pull, it will still have the precision to cut diamonds, but may not be as easy to trick in that wind as the other 2.  Well see.

Tom

6 kite tom
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29 AM »

Tom, today I fly the DOA Sul, It was awesome flight in low wind, this is the first time I fly the kite. you had the sul first and now mine turn. Love it Grin Next week I will be going to the ocean front, Hope to have good wind to do some video. Here is hot and no rain. Talk to you soon.

Good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document