GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken SUL  (Read 3729 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: November 23, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Lam was able to sew this one up for me on his way out of town. 

I've flown it a few times now - it's seriously good.  Flys like my standard, but in much less wind and I think that the Taz is even easier on the SUL.  The kite maintains excellent precision even out on the edge of the window in low wind.   The one-pop yoyo is also still there in spades, so have no fear my friends. 

Tom

6 kite tom
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:30 AM »

Smiley no one builds them like Lam.
 The quality is (loss for words) !

"Do what you like"
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:49 AM »

Is it as heavy as the Fearless SUL ?

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
tpatter

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:40 AM »

Is it as heavy as the Fearless SUL ?

Denny

Denny, it only LOOKS heavy because its black!  Smiley

I've briefly flown the tattoo and this one back to back in low wind.  It flys with more sail pressure and drive in the same wind, so I would guess that it goes lower, but it could be more of a difference in feel.

I have not weighed either kite, but this one, like his others, tends to just hover as you keep tricking it so you can do most everything in near nothing.  It could turn out to be my new favorite SUL.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:04 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
DWayne

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 10:39 AM »

Tom, just wondering if it has the same low range as the Fearless SUL, which is equal to the TNT Comp UL's low end, or if it can trick in the TNT Zero range of 1 to 2 Kph ?

Denny

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Denny,

All of Lam's kites can do everything.

At least, that's from what I've read.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
tpatter

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Tom, just wondering if it has the same low range as the Fearless SUL, which is equal to the TNT Comp UL's low end, or if it can trick in the TNT Zero range of 1 to 2 Kph ?

Denny

The Tekken goes a bit lower I would say, but probably not as low as Zero.

By the way, I've flown both the FLSUL and TNT UL extensively and, unless something is completely out of whack, the FL flys much lower - not even close.

Tom
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 12:25 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
DWayne

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Denny

The Tekken goes a bit lower I would say, but probably not as low as Zero.

By the way, I've flown both the FLSUL and TNT UL extensively and, unless something is completely out of whack, the FL flys much lower - not even close.

Tom

We flew the FLSUL and the TNT Zero side by side and the FLSUL was equal to the TNT Comp UL, but couldn't trick as low as the Zero. The FLSUL is quite a bit heavier than the TNT Zero.

Denny

sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 01:11 PM »

Spending some effort to decide how I feel about the appearance of the kite... I'd really dig it if not for the swords appliquéd into the sail. 
tpatter

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 02:00 PM »

We flew the FLSUL and the TNT Zero side by side and the FLSUL was equal to the TNT Comp UL, but couldn't trick as low as the Zero. The FLSUL is quite a bit heavier than the TNT Zero.

Denny

Zero is pretty low wind flyer for sure - I know folks that I'm quite sure could fly it indoors!  Smiley  (no joke)   

All that to say, the Tek goes very respectably low compared to other modern trick capable kites that I've flown as well as lams other SULs.

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 03:37 PM »

Spending some effort to decide how I feel about the appearance of the kite... I'd really dig it if not for the swords appliquéd into the sail. 

It took me some time to accept the design of Lam's kites. I was convinced by others that they fly so great, it doesn't matter what they look like. So I got a Sea Devil. It flew great, and I realized that the eyes & the waves are a great visual to keep track of which way the kite is pointing while you're tricking it. So I got another. Then a Fearless... then another. My latest is a Sea Devil that you can't even tell that it's a Sea Devil...

Or a Fearless that you can't tell it's a Fearless...

I enjoy Lam's kites so much, I'm sure there will be a Tekken or two in my bag in a few months...

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »

BTW, Tom, I'm really liking the colors in your SUL, even though I swore off black kites !

tpatter

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Come fly with me Stephen.  Watching those blades whirrr and chop during an aggressive comete is like poetry in motion!  Smiley

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 03:43 PM »

BTW, Tom, I'm really liking the colors in your SUL, even though I swore off black kites !

Thanks Rob.  I just told him black sail and he did the rest.  I was a little concerned when he told me what he wanted to do, but told him to go for it.  I like how it came out.

I like your set here - Yin and Yang, both unique kites without a face.  Is the SD tattoo? 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:09 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 04:35 PM »

My latest is a Sea Devil that you can't even tell that it's a Sea Devil...Or a Fearless that you can't tell it's a Fearless...

I don't wish to pry but did you have to pay extra to have the appliqué removed ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum