GWTW Forum
April 25, 2014, 01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tekken SUL  (Read 3013 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Well, it's really not a Sea Devil, it's a Sea Angel. Or a Ghost Devil ?  Shocked
A special kite my Wife arranged with Lam for my birthday. Lam made me a killer set of straps, too. So, can't say what she paid for it, but it is above & beyond... Nothing like a Lam kite to ease the pain of growing another year older !

photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40 PM »

Spending some effort to decide how I feel about the appearance of the kite... I'd really dig it if not for the swords appliquéd into the sail. 

I agree...the Swords remind me of Disney's Aladdin movie ....NOT that I've ever watched it!  Grin

The swords just don't 'fit in with' the rest of the nicely done appliqué pieces, IMO. Gives it almost a child's kite look! Others may disagree!
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21 PM »

Spending some effort to decide how I feel about the appearance of the kite... I'd really dig it if not for the swords appliquéd into the sail. 

The swords just don't 'fit in with' the rest of the nicely done appliqué pieces, IMO. Gives it almost a child's kite look! Others may disagree!

It reminded me of a "Jolly Roger" so I went with it....

ARR MATEY

CV

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 06:06 PM »

I like the applique just fine, but the swords are scimitars which makes them persian. Arrr Sinbad.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Sometimes you may find that it really was a good idea to ask that new girl that you just met at with dance wearing the funny looking hat if she would like to dance with you!  Smiley  

You never know where it may lead, you may even find yourself together for a very long time.

Either way guys, but I'll dance with her!  Smiley

6 kite tom
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 08:27 PM »

Nah, I'll stick to the hot girl that doesn't have bug eyes:D:D

Sine Metu!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Outside the box sometimes works with amazing results.

Nokia N96 - Bruce Lee Ping Pong

6 kite tom
Fearless Object

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:29 PM »

To me the kite have to have meaning of some thing when you desided drawing a graphics on the kite, After the kite is done, I will find the Right name for the kite to go with the art work on the kite, not just colors and name what what ever you like. Now the kite is moving all direction like fighting in the sky, now look the swords and see what happen, sky combat tricking, very cool if you can see it Smiley I love it when I doing the Comete Smiley

Good day.

Never can make everyone happy, that is why this world have many thing interesting to choose Smiley
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 09:49 PM »

It would be nice to see a completely new/fresh design from the master.

johnfarl
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2012, 09:03 AM »

What I like is that these kites do have a story in the design.  Not unlike the masterpiece Revs.  Panel kites are pretty also but there is only so much you can do with panels.

50 years from now Lam's kites will be interesting and panel kites will be in the closet.

The other key is the quality.  My first Lam kite a Fearless SUL is still flying as my number 1 kite.  It has at least 1000 hours in the air.  The sail construction is still near perfect.  One small wear hole in the sail.  The intricate stitching is still perfect.  I am probably going to have to go this new kite this summer.

You can't beat Lam's enthusiasm for his kites and the fact that he designs from the flyers point of view.

John
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49 PM »

50 years from now Lam's kites will be interesting and panel kites will be in the closet.

+1

The other key is the quality.  My first Lam kite a Fearless SUL is still flying as my number 1 kite.  It has at least 1000 hours in the air.  The sail construction is still near perfect.  One small wear hole in the sail.  The intricate stitching is still perfect.  I am probably going to have to go this new kite this summer.

If it still near perfect, I"m first in line  Wink
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 02:01 PM »

I would like to see the dragon or the tiger design on each side of the kite with no eyes

Sine Metu!
KaoS
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 03:09 PM »

It has at least 1000 hours in the air. 

Huh That's nearly 18 months flying every day, 2 hours per day, 7 days per week .... lucky b@$#&*!d.  Most of us can only manage 2 or 3 sessions per week  Cry

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Tmadz

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 04:51 PM »

It's so easy to criticize others people's work. Regardless of people's personal preference to the design, it is clear the kites are at the top of their class in terms of quality of build and airworthiness. I love that they aren't just panel kites. They really are functioning art and that is rare. Combining aesthetics and quality into a piece is probably one of the hardest things To do for manufacturers. It is rare that a product stands out from the crowd so distinctly. It's not in my price range or ability, but I think it would be awesome to own these.
Fearless Object

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2012, 08:04 PM »

John have so much time on his hand, spend quality time to make happy is best in life:) I use to fly a lot but now maybe two three time a month, the only time I fly more then that is go out testing new design. Or have some one to fly with Smiley I fly a lot when I am at the festival to make up the time I don't fly Smiley

Good day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography