GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 12:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comete Cascade  (Read 2093 times)
rudyy
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: November 26, 2012, 05:01 PM »

At what point do you switch direction back and forth without losing the smoothness of the transiition?
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:02 PM »

At the starting point.
3 rotations one direction, then 3 rotations in the other direction.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Switch on the half-axel like input as shown thusly:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=40Bll2hy17A

6 kite tom
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 06:47 AM »

I'm not that great at this trick, but what helps for me is to start the first comete flying horizontally. This way you come out of the comete rotation(s) with the nose pointing to left (or right) which makes it easier to go into the opposite direction.
rudyy

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:08 PM »

I am getting there with this comete cascade.   My brain starts clicking in..

I can do two rounds, switch direction and then do another two rounds, but the pause is too long during the switch which ruins the flow/transition;  just give me a bit more time and I will nail it down.    Smiley
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:11 PM by rudyy » Logged
rudyy

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:12 PM »

After practising the comete for 2 months and another  2 months with the opposite hand, I am finally able to do the comete cascade without any pause in between.  Strangely enough, I just click on with it all of a sudden and it just becomes my reflex action.  I use the Fearless SUL and UL to practise.

I am so happy with it.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 05:15 PM »

Congrats!   I can't do left hand yet, but I am going to start working on that side soon.

6 kite tom
rudyy

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Just keep practising and you will get it.  Smiley
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Came across this video.  Really amazed with the capability of both the kite and the flyer.  Would like to know more about the kite and the flyer if anyone knows anything about them.

Androgyn

dihongshao2000

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 10:18 PM »

video reference - cascade comete

Flying Wings - Silver Fox Comete Cascade 特技風箏

Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24 PM »

After practising the comete for 2 months and another  2 months with the opposite hand, I am finally able to do the comete cascade without any pause in between.  Strangely enough, I just click on with it all of a sudden and it just becomes my reflex action.  I use the Fearless SUL and UL to practise.

I am so happy with it.

Congratulations.  Grin
jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 02:11 AM »

Came across this video.  Really amazed with the capability of both the kite and the flyer.  Would like to know more about the kite and the flyer if anyone knows anything about them.

Always worth using the search function.  From one of our esteemed moderators:
Wind Factory Androgyn - brilliant enough, just downright excellent, for me to continue to reach past my Cosmics, Sins and TNTs to get to it.

Mike.

Still one of the favourite kites of many of the UK fliers who bought one before Wind Factory became defunct. 
rudyy

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 05:44 AM »

Hi dihongshao2000 , thanks for sharing the videos.  They provide me a lot of insights how to do the transition with the comete and others.  The flyer of the orange kite is very good.  I am going to have months of practise to reach that level.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:46 AM by rudyy » Logged
dihongshao2000

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Hi dihongshao2000 , thanks for sharing the videos.  They provide me a lot of insights how to do the transition with the comete and others.  The flyer of the orange kite is very good.  I am going to have months of practise to reach that level.
I, myself, am in the process of learning comete. The videos I gathered are my way of learning.  I am glad you appreciate my effort on posting them.  I did not click with the trick until I saw Lams instructional video that breaks down comete into manageable steps that associate with the tricks I already knew how to do.  I am finally getting it now.  What you have achieved provided me a bench mark to see how well I would be doing advancing my comete skill Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:04 PM by dihongshao2000 » Logged
rudyy

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 08:27 PM »

It is also Lam teaching me the comete by breaking it down into the half axel and snap lazy.  Prior to that, I absolutely have no idea how to do it as I do not know what is going on. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum