flying at st. Louis, Missouri

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Ccentino:

I am leaving my warm home of Honolulu, Hawaii on Christmas Day to go to a conference in St. Louis Missouri. I was wondering if anyone ever flew at the archway before? This will be my first time in the winter stinking cold. I am planning to bring a low wind std. Spica pro and a high wind minigem.

DD:

dont forget gloves! :D

Ccentino:

my kites will have gloves on so they dont freeze their wingtips off HAHA!

ndcmpc:

Quote from: Ccentino on November 29, 2012, 06:42 PM
--
I am leaving my warm home of Honolulu, Hawaii on Christmas Day to go to a conference in St. Louis Missouri. I was wondering if anyone ever flew at the archway before? This will be my first time in the winter stinking cold. I am planning to bring a low wind std. Spica pro and a high wind minigem.

--

I flew at the arch.  And the rangers told me to pack my stuff and leave or get a ticket.  Actually, the rangers were pretty cool about it, but the area is visible to the supervisors office in the old court house and they radioed the ranger to tell me to leave.  I asked to see the rule that prohibited kite flying there and was told they will show it to me - after they give me a ticket.  So since I was from out of town and had little/no opportunity to really challenge it without a lot of time/expense going back and forth, I left.

I believe someone told me much later you could fly a kite there, but with a limit of 50 feet for lines.  I guess they don't want people flying kites way up and tangling them on the arch.

Regardless, since we were flying sport kites, there was not really any danger of that, but that did not matter to the park administrators.

Ccentino:

Wish me luck as I fly in St. Louis in Wednesday. ..

Pages: (1/2) > >>