GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 03:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 2890 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: December 02, 2012, 09:18 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:55 PM by np » Logged
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:31 AM »

Three three 333333  I have to do four.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I loaded Windows 8 two weeks ago.  Last week taking it out.  I lost my C file and all my summer videos.  I always video when I fly to study.  Gone.  I was putting together a clip with all my FFF's from the summer gone.  Ara looks like me doing FFF's.  Running around.  hehehehe .

I found a couple clips of FFF's.  I like this one a lot but a little shaky !!

FFFF

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:38 AM »

Hi!
(from Milano, Italy. I'm on a work trip and just arrived to the hotel... Imagine how insane I am that I'm already looking at the GWTW Forum!!!!).

Wow thanks! A challenge especially prepared for me!
What an honour.  Grin

I guess I have no way of escaping now...  Huh
I have "the right equipment"...  Roll Eyes

So I have no excuse right?

OK, I've never rolled the kite on purpose, so I guess it's about time I start.
However, I cannot get the kite to fade yet...  Embarrassed   Sad

With the TalonUL I dive the kite, I flare it and when I try to pop it to fade, it stays in the flare...
This happens if I make a deep flare.
If I barely give slack and then immediately pop without allowing the kite to enter the flare, I can sometimes get the fade.
But doesn't last long.
So I guess I'll have to wait a little to get my set of straps...  Wink

But start preparing them anyway!  Cheesy

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 03:29 PM »

A couple weeks ago I started to extend my arms FULLY.  It helped get it into a Fade.  Darn thing is I can do a Fade launch and hold it.  The end of Sept when we had a fun day at the Beach.  Dave B. was flying his Widow Maker.  He loves to fly it in a Fade.  He said he held on for six minutes.  I have been practicing when I get the chance.  For me the best FFF's I do is when I have the lines more to my side and behind me.  Then when I fully extend forward and right myself up again.  Sometimes it goes real nice. 

I may not be able to get four a lot.  But Norm you did teach me the trick.  The trick isn't 4 in a row. ( you %$#%$^%$$)    I have done some really nice one's and a lot of doubles.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

p,s,- Ara your in Italy ?? how about posting your trip.  Some video stuff.  It would be nice to see.  Also watch out for the Palermo Team.  Tough group of flyers.  Great Team.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
trigger

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:49 PM »

my 6yo while playing with his hand held video game...."Dad... who's JOE and how come he can't fly a kite... Hey JOE.. not very good JOE."  2 minutes later... "Another jOE... Not good Joe..."  my gosh its like sponge bob!   (he is still doing it 10 minutes later!)

well JOE... I am sure sooner or later we will get over to your side of the state and he can teach you... it will be like having NORM right there with you... and I will bring you some OLd PRISM STRAPS I am not using anymore!

ps... I do enjoy watching your videos JOE and wish we could get together sometime.

pss... NORM... please... no more videos!  or I will hack your computer and make BARNEY play continuously!

psss... "try again JOE... You can do it JOE!"  still going
trigger

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Aww... didnt want you to take the video off...  Cry

He's 6, he takes ideas and runs.... at some points it was John, mike and i think i heard CARLOS once tooo!  Cheesy

All in fun... no disrespect at all..... i always follow your conversations with interest and open ears :-)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:20 PM »

pss... NORM... please... no more videos!  or I will hack your computer and make BARNEY play continuously!
Not a problem.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
How's that?

Hey! This is "my" thread since it was dedicated... !
Please put the video back on, I need it to see what the trick is like.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21 PM »

With the TalonUL I dive the kite, I flare it and when I try to pop it to fade, it stays in the flare...
Don't go to flare...........go to pancake then tug/pop both lines into fade. There is a difference between flare and pancake. Flare is set-up for 540's.  Grin Wink

But this is what I meant with a "deep flare". I do get it into a full pancake and then it stays there. It likes it so much it doesn't want to come out of it...  Roll Eyes

In my bag...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28 PM »

I may not be able to get four a lot.  But Norm you did teach me the trick.  The trick isn't 4 in a row. ( you %$#%$^%$$)   
Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

p,s,- Ara your in Italy ?? how about posting your trip.  Some video stuff.  It would be nice to see.  Also watch out for the Palermo Team.  Tough group of flyers.  Great Team.
Wished I could but I think I won't have time...
I have come only for two days and will be in meetings almost fully...  Sad
Travelling for work is not fun.  Angry
I didn't bring my kite with me either...  Sad

In any case, I'm in Milano way up north in Italy, while Palermo is way south in the island of Sicily 1000miles away   Wink

In my bag...
Hadge

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 03:50 AM »

I didn't bring my kite with me either...  Sad

You should always take a kite with you...just in case! Wink

You need something small that will fold down and fit in your suitcase!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
jecko

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 04:40 AM »

What's FFF??  AVFFF??  Sound interesting... 
God,  I'm so lost...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:18 AM »

What's FFF??  AVFFF?? 
French Flic-Flac and American Version French Flic-Flac.

They are very much talking amongst themselves here  Roll Eyes

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
vertigo2u

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25 AM »

FYI:
The back ground on all of this is as follows.   Last year Norm made some videos for me to help learn a trick French Flic Flack American Version.  Henceforth FFFAV or FFF for short.  The summer ended with little to show for it.  This year Norm stayed on me. He also offered a set of nice California Finger Starps which he makes. ( Very Nice Quailty) if I could do four in a row.  Well I have not recorded four in a row.  3 and 3/4 but not four.  

In reaching out to help someone on line is a risky business .  Many have reached out to me and some have gotten back lash for comments that were helpful to me.  It seems at times we are all timid in sharing knowledge or technique of doing a trick.  Which is understandable.  Norm and I have worked together for months learning this kite trick.  Finding out my biggest problem is holding the Fade...

We do not mean to exclude anyone from our conversations and enjoy the banter we share.  In sharing information and experiences it has helped us both.

In sharing is a risk.  Big Risk.  When I posted that 540 stuff I felt I had "No Right".  I am not some hot shot pilot who can fly the wings off a kite.  Devin is a Great Pilot (who is MIA the past YEAR. He graduates this spring).  But a lousy teacher.  His tech. is so finely polished newbies will never get it.  JT has the ability to share tech. but has No Training videos.

Norm took a Big Risk in offering a Trick Challenge and posting videos.  Hopefully others will post videos of various trcks from a learning perspective.  So much knowledge out there.  You Tube and Internet offer us all such a interpersonal way to effect each other even though we don't know one another.  Or even in the same country.

When you really think about it .... we are a lucky group.

Older guys like myself need different visual aids (videos) to learn from.    

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35 AM »

Mike ,your avatar say's it al lol  .Norm you are doing a service and it is fun. Joe I have had fun watching you come along If it was easy it would not be any fun.Ara enjoy your vacation Trig post up a vid and grace us with your skills
Regards KO ps it is raining in hermosa. Something it does about 10 days out of the year so I am BORED keep it up PLEASE

have fun kurt
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Gee guys...   Sad

Shall we start all over?  Smiley

As the person who had the thread and the challenge dedicated I pronounce it closed (although the challenge is still on  Wink ) and propose we start a new one when we start getting our first results towards a successful AVFFF.  Smiley
In my case when I get the basics; meaning: fade

And thanks Norm and JOE for all your comments, support and motivation.
Cheers.

P.S. Norm, I found the video in youtube  Wink

In my bag...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change