GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 05:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 22923 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: December 06, 2012, 01:58 PM »

This is the AVFFF. The challenge is meant for Beginners. You will need to video yourself doing 3 rotations of this trick. Special rules apply for Joe. (4 rotations) and NO cut & paste  Huh Cheesy You will win a pair of Norm's Custom 2-finger straps. Joe, watch this real close and I think you will see 7 rotations.  Wink

Edit: RobB will also have to do 4 rotations. Poor Joe & Rob & Charles P.  Wink
Edit I will honor the first 4 videos posted.

Tip #1 Snap your arms to get the nose started under.
Tip #2 While your arms are still stretched out from giving slack. Once the nose is pointing back towards you Snap/Pop your hands back towards your face to unroll the kite.
Catch the kite back in a fade and continue the rotations.
Tip #3 If winds are 3 to 4mph use shorter lines...65' or 75'. Try it you might like it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:21 PM by NormP » Logged
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58 PM »

OK Norm...
Tomorrow I will start practising.
Hope I can get it   Roll Eyes

P.S. Does your Talon UL have no roll bars? At least I can't see them in the video...
Why is that?

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Charles P

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23 PM »

I want to throw my hat in the ring!! I've been playing with this trick since I first saw the AVFFF thread and on my best day have performed two.   Sad
 I'm likely not to win this one but I'll give it a try. (weather permitting)

I'd just like to add that I really like these trick challenges, I never heard of a French Flic-Flac until that last challenge.
  Someone said this challenge was directed at beginers, I consider myself an intermediate flyer and it makes me wonder how high is the bar set?!?!? I've been flying for over 5 years and tricking off and on for most of that time, seriuosly tricking for over a year and this trick is not easy!!!
 Fade manouvers and tricks based off of them are my favorites such as back spin, back spin cascade and lewis (Jacobs ladder I've almost figured out and can do one rung sometimes two) still working on the inverse. Aww hell, I'm rambl'n!
 To the winner go the spoils!! A fine set of finger straps. I'm just going to have fun trying to pull this trick off, thanks for the video and keep the challenges going!!   Smiley

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:05 AM »

I'm am SO jealous of nice, wind beaches with steady, clean wind.

Bob D.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:45 AM »

I'm am SO jealous of nice, wind beaches with steady, clean wind.
Hey Bob,
Hop in the car & drive out to Long Island someday. I'll show you some good wind...

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:53 AM »

I got cold cloudy weather.  But I have had my eye on those straps for along time... I may be old but I can still do it... Bit of advice it has to be done like Norm ..  It does look nice when you do it...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 04:44 PM »

If you take this challenge he will beat and whip you till you do it right... No slacking or lay off's.  These clips are from Labor Day Sunday.. 25 attempts.  I can't show the complete one's cause they aren't four in a row.  And he's too good for cut and paste.  I've tried.  These are done without extending my arms... you'd think I'd learn by now... But look at the lousy 540's...  I will get better...

Norm the slave driver

Trying to learn 540's

old540's
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:51 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Charles P

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Not filming yet so you'll have to take my word for it. Up to 2 on the AVFFF, Thats right, I have my eye on the prize!!  Cheesy

In the bag,

vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:35 AM »

The pic is my Windows Background desk top    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46 AM »

Wow Norm.

As an owner of two pair and earning another one from your challanges, that collection is sweet.   Cool

How long is the challange open for? Would like jump in but  can't start for two weeks.
Finishing up school finals this week then going on vaction for a week. All when norm has his flying straps open for a challange  Cry
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 12:07 PM »

If you take this challenge he will beat and whip you till you do it right... No slacking or lay off's.  These clips are from Labor Day Sunday.. 25 attempts.  I can't show the complete one's cause they aren't four in a row.  And he's too good for cut and paste.  I've tried.  These are done without extending my arms... you'd think I'd learn by now... But look at the lousy 540's...  I will get better...

Good tries! Nice video and GREAT music!
This only comes to show me how darn difficult the challence is...  Sad

Rollin', rollin', rollin'...  Huh

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 12:08 PM »

Not filming yet so you'll have to take my word for it. Up to 2 on the AVFFF, Thats right, I have my eye on the prize!!  Cheesy

Darn! I haven't been able to practice these days because of lowsy wind! Argh! DOn't rush pleeeeeeaaaaaseeeee!  Cry
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:11 PM by Ara Ararauna » Logged

In my bag...
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 12:10 PM »

Thats right, I have my eye on the prize!!  Cheesy
See anything here that catches your eye?

Woooooooowwwww....  Huh

I love the colors. Especially the Orange/Blue combination....   Shocked

In my bag...
Charles P

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 02:39 PM »

+1 on the Wow Norm,

I really like the thinner straps, they all look great but I think I'll be trying to win the thinner straps!   Undecided
 If the weather permits I may try an attempt with video next weekend, otherwise it will have to wait until after Christmas.

In the bag,

Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 03:19 PM »

I love the colors. Especially the Orange/Blue combination....   Shocked

+1  Grin  Ara we should put your name on those now for when you win them?

If the weather permits I may try an attempt with video next weekend, otherwise it will have to wait until after Christmas.

I will have to wait until after christmas too  Angry

How long is the challange open for? Would like jump in but  can't start for two weeks.
Wayne,
I understand your situation so for you and of course Joe, it's open until you can post 4 respectable AVFFF's.

Smiley 

Can't wait to see what 2 months of not flying has done to my limited skills.  Sad

Pages: [1] 2 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document