GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 20422 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 09:17 PM »

Norm,
You better put my straps in the frezer as well. It will be a while before I can pull off this challange.  Roll Eyes

Final finished this semester of Nursing school.  Grin
Then spent my first sesson just struggling to hold a fade. I can't be too suprised at how taking four months off from flying has sure reduced my already limited skills.  Huh

Just now leaving for a vacation so I won't have a chance to pick up the lines until after christmas.  Embarrassed

Arggggghhh! I'll never make it...  Cry

I just can't fade!

I'm currently really getting the hang of spin tricks: Axels, HalfAxels, Cascades, 540's, even today I tried the Taz and I got quite a few and on both sides!

But fade is sooooo difficult for me....

+1 on the fade launch. This was the 2nd trick I learned. Great place to start as it is much easier than the fade.

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 04:29 PM »

I found this today .... So Close that day.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I still see Four  >>> Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  I think Norm needs glasses  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Four on the floor

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 06:24 PM »

I still see Four  >>> Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  I think Norm needs glasses  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Three and a half!! Arent fades supose to be paralell to the earth?   Cheesy
  I was going to submit my video of me completing this challenge but I didn't think anyone would buy that I did a perfect set of nine AVFFF's two in camera frame and seven just out of the picture.   Grin  I need a better camera person!    Roll Eyes

Seriously though, looks pretty good, I'm still trying to get a clean 3 then onto 4.  Seem to be stuck on two right now but the weather is not producing many favorable days right now.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!!

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30 AM »

The American version of a French Flic Flak is called a Flip Flop and you guys aren't doing it.
Check out Shawn's Hells Bells video if you want to learn to do the trick correctly.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
vertigo2u

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2013, 07:15 AM »

Norm's video shows us how to do it correctly..it's a matter of doing four in a row with control..

The Challenge is to do it like "Norm"... Not the sloppy stuff I did in the video.  That was months ago.... You have to do it just like Norm and smooth... Then you Win... We call the trick The French Flic Flak American version...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 07:46 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 10:03 AM »

The American version of a French Flic Flak is called a Flip Flop and you guys aren't doing it.
Check out Shawn's Hells Bells video if you want to learn to do the trick correctly.
Denny

All of this has been referenced and acknowledged. We are NOT attempting a French Flic Flac/Flip Flop. We are doing a AVFFF and we are doing it the correct way.
HERE
HERE
and
HERE

No, the American version of a French Flic Flac is NOT called a Flip Flop it is the AVFFF.
 Roll Eyes

Yea, well your not doing a french flic flac either since the kite is backwards and upside down but this isn't the thread for that debate again Tongue
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Yea, well your not doing a french flic flac either since the kite is backwards and upside down but this isn't the thread for that debate again Tongue
Correct again........we are NOT doing a french flic flac. We are doing a AVFFF whether you or Denny likes it or NOT.  Cheesy

As long as you're happy with your delusion, as inane as it may be, its alright with me.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2013, 01:41 PM »

This whole thing is stupid, and should probably stop. Just put an end to it, and do this with another trick. If I see one more post about this, weather it is or isnt a A__(insert what will probably turn into 5 more letters here)__FFF or the extended acronym itself again I'm going to explode.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2013, 01:47 PM »

Norm I am so glad we got permission without it what would we do... Walk in a world of delusional belief that our best friend is a kite...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

vertigo2u

« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2013, 02:07 PM »

Bottom line... Wink Wink Wink Wink ;)It's for FUN...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)We call it the AVFFF ... Cool Cool This whole post was for Fun.  Grin Grin  Norm trying to get people involved and a lot of guys are doing it...  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss He puts up a prize he persoanly crafted, to keep the site moving ... Kiss Kiss Kiss The prize goes to the guy who can do a "AVFFF" four times in a row as smooth as he does on the Beach... simple... Keep it Fun !!!  He is trying to help...  It gives me something to stive for.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue I like calling it "Norms Pain in the A$$ Trick".  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Wayner

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 04:27 PM »

Holidays are done, family will be leaving by the weekend. Will finally have some time to dust off my kites and take up the challange. Hope to make some progress before I have to go back to school.

Ca Ike

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Hmm VF and this at the same time.... ah yes more excuse for flying time. Now if the wind would cooperate.
vertigo2u

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Snow and cold  is kiocking my tail...Between No Flying and snow plowing ...  I'm buggin' out.... Took my helicopter to the park today...  Used the parking lot.  No one there.  It took off wind took it about hundred yards away... Into the snow.  Anyone want to tell me WHY I WORE CLOGS ON MY FEET... Had to get the Helicopter in snow a foot deep.  Like walking barefoot in the snow... I couldn't help it... I needed to try and fly something... Got to learn to trim the puppy out ...  Maybe Boots would help ...

Ca Ike

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2013, 10:51 PM »

Snow and cold  is kiocking my tail...Between No Flying and snow plowing ...  I'm buggin' out.... Took my helicopter to the park today...  Used the parking lot.  No one there.  It took off wind took it about hundred yards away... Into the snow.  Anyone want to tell me WHY I WORE CLOGS ON MY FEET... Had to get the Helicopter in snow a foot deep.  Like walking barefoot in the snow... I couldn't help it... I needed to try and fly something... Got to learn to trim the puppy out ...  Maybe Boots would help ...
First off don't gly your copter if the wind is over 5 mph untill you learn to control it and just practice hovers for a while.
Wayner

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 02:54 PM »

Well Norm no straps for me  Embarrassed
Not sure what I did to tick off the wind gods but I have not had any usable wind since the holidays to work on the AAFFF.  Angry

The flags have either been stiff or limp requiring a SUL or venter kites. Sometimes I get both winds on the same day. on the same day. Last Friday night fly I got there early to face 20mph winds. When night fell so did the wind. When the rest of the gang showed up we spent the night taking turns flying my Prodanceer SUL.  Shocked

Picked up a couple of nice used kites the Soul for my holiday break including  but not had any usable wind fo fly them. With Nursing school starting up my kite bag will be going into the closet until spring break.  Angry   Hope the wind gods will be kind to me then.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography