GWTW Forum
September 21, 2014, 05:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 24680 times)
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2013, 11:08 PM »

Are you working the AVFFF with your Custom Seven SUL? If you show me four with it you'll get two pair.   Huh

Wink  Yes I am using the Seven SUL for this trick, it and the the standard are both very good at this type of trick. The problem is the pilot!!   Embarrassed

No need to offer me two sets of straps, but I wouldn't turn them down if your serious though!!

Good luck to everyone involved in this challenge, looks like weather and other commitments are effecting us all.
  I've just got to win me a set of Norms straps!!

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00 PM »

LoLo's suggesting she could help anyone that may still be working on the 4 AVFFF's to find their "center" by teaching them to combine their line work with her 4 ARRFF technique... very effective for shedding those moments of self doubt...

ARRFF Master LoLo sez:  "may the winds be with you"
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:04 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 09:17 AM »

I know what you mean... This goes back to the day I started to teach Rufus to take off and wing tip and land.... He got so exceited when I told him we'd fly he ran grabbed the strings and started to fly.   He has been able to do one AVFFF the little punk...
Maybe LoLo and Rufus could fly pairs Huh?

Rufus flying Widow Maker.wmv

p.s.- I have been looking at videos of my past attempts at four.  I have videos of my body doing 4 but my kite is not in view.  I have a video of completeing three really nice one's and I have clips of doing 3.75 AVFFF's. 

P.P.S.S.- Rufus agrees on the Cheesy Flight Straps.  He has found out when he is flying his paw ( not Pete) is able to snap the line faster and he feels the input.  He asked Uncle Norm for a smaller pair.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 09:53 AM »

Nice job Rufus, but I did see that he was using too much body movement and not enough paw tip control.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:54 AM by Tmadz » Logged
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Norm,
LoLo reminds me that a classy dame never reveals her age, but I can state, though I would deny ever having betrayed her confidence, that she's 5 going on 6 on the 4th of July. And, Oh My, the thought of sporting a coveted length of "Cheesiness" would set her apart from all her contemporaries...
Smiley Smiley Smiley

Anthony
glk47
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Norm -

All the videos you posted in this thread (two?) fail on "private video" for me.

Larry
Larry....Videos fixed. For better viewing click on the title name at the lower left side of the video. It takes you to You Tube and seems to be in better sync. Easier on the eyes.

Videos seem good now - thanks

Larry
vertigo2u

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 11:56 AM »

Just maybe LoLo could teach an old dog new tricks. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Should have seen that "bone" coming...  Still Artic Freeze Michigan way... Temps this week as low as -1 degree.  19 degrees today and some snow....  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Wind has been high for a week... It has not been fun... I keep watching film... I dream of four AVFFF's.  I am done over thinking this trick... I am just gonna do it ...  I do really nice one's ... I can do two really nice one's in a row and I have done  (4 without camera.) But NONE of them as nice as Norm's four in a row.  That is the place I will be by Spring's end ...  Kiss

p.s.-  If your going to be ordering Cheesy Straps better do it soon.  Spring isn't far off.  Norm's fingers could give out...  The set I fly with may not be the type that suits you.  He has them different widths.. also some with finger holders (?) .. place to put your fingers in...  I talked to Jon T about the "Chessy Finger Straps" and the concept of it helping to fly.  My flying changed the day my grip changed.  One needs to feel the lines...  With straps I held my "little finger" all the way back and held the straps in the palm of my hand.  Not even close to the lines... (check the video posted on Grips)...

p.p.s.s.- All info posted for novice and for flyer's over 50  ....  and 60...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:25 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
vertigo2u

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Today I watched PAWS video flying his REV.  Looked all bundled up. SSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssooooo I pulled out allmy Carhart gear.. Tomorrow.  Also temps.  Going up to 56 in three days..Go figure..  Tongue Tongue Tongue 

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2013, 08:25 PM »

I'm right there with not being able to make it past 3. It's a trick I've been doing for a while, once or twice. Never tried to get a certain number, and I don't know what then mental block is about getting past 3 in a row. For me, I could probably get 10 in a row if I wasn't thinking about it, I just melt mentally. Then there's the whole thing about flying with the camera...
So, needless to say the wind & weather isn't cooperating either. The last good fly I had was the beginning of December. Gonna try again tomorrow, but the winds are predicted to be ~15mph. Sounds like it will be another Rev day...

jaydub

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11 AM »

Thought this might have been a gimme for you, Rob, as you've done this trick quite regularly on your vids.

Just relax and stop over thinking it.  I'm sure it will come.

This isn't a trick I've ever deliberately tried to do, although I suspect I've done a fair few in my feeble attempts at wap-do-waps. Wink
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 02:42 PM »

I'm right there with not being able to make it past 3.... don't know what is the mental block is about getting past 3 in a row. For me, I could probably get 10 in a row if I wasn't thinking about it,

Set you goal at 10. Then doing 4 won't be a problem.  Cool

Who cares if the mental block kicks after 8 or 9.  Cheesy
Charles P

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57 PM »

So, if anybody else would prefer a split-finger style, just maybe Charles would be kind enough to forward these on to you and you will have your fingers pre-sized and ready for a split-finger pair in the event you win a pair in the trick challenge also.

No problem there Norm. Please let me know who to send them to and consider it done.   Smiley

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
roisinroisin21

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2013, 08:00 AM »

Some here at the end

Simon - Talon UL @ Pontefract 20_01_13

hawkerhunter

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2013, 08:40 AM »

I make that 7 AVFFFs at about 2.45 on the vid. Nice flying Si
jaydub

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2013, 09:12 AM »

Far too humble to want those straps, aren't you Si?  Roll Eyes

Just showing that it can be done?  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document