GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 11:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 27305 times)
roisinroisin21
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2013, 09:32 AM »

Haha Jon . Not for me if there are any straps there heading to Hawk he deserves some better ones than slack old prism 1n's he uses , they would help him to improve greatky

hawkerhunter

« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07 AM »

Haha Jon . Not for me if there are any straps there heading to Hawk he deserves some better ones than slack old prism 1n's he uses , they would help him to improve greatky

so thats why I cant do Comets, cascades and wap do waps...Ive been using the wrong straps. Why didnt someone tell me sooner Cry Cry
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Nice flying and I read one of the post.  I am going to six or seven..then maybe I won't choke on four.  But you showed a good example of how Norm does them... I run all over the place... Nice camera shots. and nice yellow kite..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
jaydub

« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2013, 01:20 AM »

You should know by now the only way you will ever do advanced tricks is with a pair of Tim's 19mm Knuckle Dusters.  Wink  Roll Eyes 
Probably the best UK sourced finger straps in the world (to misquote Carlsberg), but then I might have less than an unbiased view on them.  Worth the investment Steve, not that they will turn you into a 'ninja' flyer, but they certainly won't get in the way.  Other makes of finger straps are available of course, and may be just as good or better, eh Norm. Wink
roisinroisin21

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2013, 04:03 AM »

Lol . The dusters im using are your design jon . Them you had Mr Benson make

jaydub

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2013, 04:37 AM »

For the record:  Tim's design.  My choice of materials and the odd design tweak.  Makes it much easier for everybody now he's selling them direct.  Grin
hawkerhunter

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2013, 05:32 AM »

its really hard to change when you have used a particular strap for so long. The finger straps feel realy strange to me but I probably need to persevere.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39 PM »

we have our first AVFFF "trick challenge" winner.    

Congratulations and well done.  Cool

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2013, 09:51 AM »

Norm,
You a bit wrong on that one.  Yes.. Wayne is a class act on his congratulations...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Your the "Real" class act.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Offering the challenge in the first place. I am proud to know you.  I know even though I have not concluded the challenge (video4) ...One day I will.  I and others who have tried to meet the challenge some times miss the point.  We learned a new trick..  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Norm you have introduced a new trick to a lot of people.  Many of us probably do Really Nice "Double" AVFFF.  I know sometimes I can do one when ever I feel like it. Not 4.  But that is the beauty of it.  I like that it's a trick I do.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

For many of us the true Class Act is you. Cool Cool Cool Cool  The West Coast guys are having a ball with it. Wink Wink Wink  East coast is biting at the bit. Cry Cry  The spring will bring a number of guys trying to learn the trick.  With full instructions by you becuase you Care... Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

Just a guy who Cares...  That's a Class Act ...  You offer the prize which everyone knows my feelings towards. The real prize is we learned a New Trick... But you have encouraged so many to try... There is No telling how many guys will post on this thread all summer long.  Or how many more Straps your going to make.  Come spring we may need another "Challenege"... (how bout' 540's),, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'd like anyone who agrees with me to let him know also...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 03:06 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Charles P

« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41 AM »

I second what vetigo2u just posted.

These challenges from Norm are great, it gives a lot of us something to shoot for and in my case, to learn a trick I never knew existed.
  I'd write a longer post on this subject but we have partly cloudy skies and low winds, I'm outa here! Going to the field to work on the AVFFF as well as some other tricks.    Grin

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2013, 12:10 PM »

I also second what vetigo2u said.

Norm's earlier challange pushed me into learning the backspin.  Grin    Think about everytine i do a backspin or use norms straps.  Wink 

Still excited about this challange and learning the AVFFF. Ran into two major obstacles. Lack of wind and lack of skill.

Hope to get some wind so I can develop my skills. Their is always room in my bag for another pair of norm straps.  Cool
Charles P

« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2013, 08:40 PM »

I'm hoping to have a video of me doing 4 AVFFF's by next weekend if the weather cooperates.  I had a very productive day at the field today doing a set of 3 AVFFF's 3 times, one set of 4 but I hit the ground on the fourth and I completed a set of five!!
  Thats right, 1-2-3-4-5!! I will try to prove this next weekend with a camera. I just hope I don't crack under the pressure.   Lips sealed

In the bag,

Charles P

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2013, 09:36 PM »

I've got so much confidence in you that I have already made your custom split-finger straps

[/quote]

Wow Norm, they look great!! Thanks for the vote of confidence, I just hope I don't choke when under the eye of the camera!!
  Lips sealed

Pretty sure I'll have a video for you as soon as the weather permits but I might need some assistance in getting it uploaded to the forum. I was barely able to put my profile picture up.    Cheesy

In the bag,

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2013, 11:51 AM »

Hey Norm, I'm still trying, but I'm getting rusty from lack of flying... you can see 2 poor attempts in my 'Snow Devil' video at 1:47 and 2:45. I think I might also have a better chance if the wind were over 2mph.

Snow Devil... Feb.2013

Congrats to dihongshao2000 on being the first to complete this challenge, you west coast guys must have flying in your DNA !

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56 AM »

Looking sharp Rob!  The kite appears very floaty and I like its style.

Sorry to hear about your recent accident - take care of yourself and get well soon.

-Tom

6 kite tom
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum