GWTW Forum
May 19, 2019, 08:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 95893 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Rob
thanks for the video. Nice SUL flying. Love those slides.

RobB
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10 PM »

Looking sharp Rob!  The kite appears very floaty and I like its style.

Sorry to hear about your recent accident - take care of yourself and get well soon.

-Tom
Thanks, Tom. I haven't gotten much time on it, but the kite far exceeded my expectations. The Fearless is a little trickier, but it could be just slightly different in style. I will have to fly it more to find out.

And yeah, I should stick to kite flying, it's much safer.   Shocked

jaydub
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Sorry to hear about your recent accident - take care of yourself and get well soon.
And yeah, I should stick to kite flying, it's much safer.   Shocked

Rob,

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  How long before kiting is seen as a suitably therapeutic rehabilitation activity?

Jon
RobB

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13 AM »

I'm thinking a few weeks before I can at least get out withe some single liners, Jon. Thanks for the well wishes...   Smiley

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Weather is still unstable.  Looks like a chance today and tomorrow.  Saw Rob bundled up.  If tempature rise.  I am flying.  Four weeks I'll be in Kentucky...around Ft. Knox if anyone lives that way...weather will could be better then.  A lot of people getting ready for the Kite Party.

Norm, I looked at my You Tube.  (I lost most of my files.)  However, it's amazing how many AVFFF'S I've done.  So many times right there.  However, looking at early one's I see improvement with the later videos.  Like 3 7/8 almost..so many times...  Going to try today as it warms.   

Also hope to get a chance to fly my New Widow Maker Ul....

When I posted the number was 4,501. It's 4,953 as I post.  almost 500 Lurkers...  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Numbers sometimes mean something.  A lot of guys reading about this Trick and the communication going on.  Maybe others will post.  Maybe not.  Fact is a lot of people are 'Yearning' for the same thing.  Kite Flying ... Your "challenge" has gotten a lot of people through some snowy,gray cloudy,windy days. People are looking each day and wondering if some one will post a video of Flying and accomplishing the trick. Thats a lot Norm.  We are half way through February with spring coming... People will continue to look and others will post videos. It will be around in August.... Most important I think this thread gives people Hope.  That better winds will prevail. 

Kite Bag: Widow Maker std. Ul, Solus std.,Ocius ul, Ocius sul,Pro Dancer,Inak,TNT,(new) Reloaded.
Doc Z

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I'm actually going to be in Kentucky (Lexington) in four weeks. Will just be moving down, so I don't know if I'll have flying time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Hey Norm,

Nice beach. I can see why the Spanish claimed it, beautiful. If I ever make it down that way I think I'm going to have to stop there for a fly!
 Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the next challenge.

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2013, 08:02 AM »

Norm that place is beautiful... It speaks for itself... Wow !! I got to fly yesterday... a couple nice AFVVV .  It was just nice to fly squares.. my new kite tracks on the dime... Jon did a few new things to it...  Big Time happy...

Doc Z  Do you know about the Huge Kite Club near Cinncinatti or that they have a Huge Kite Festival coming up in early April or end of March Huh You have a Huge Following of kite flyers down there. I'll get you some info.  They have Kite Festivals all year round also in Ky.. there is a group... You have Friends ... work on your accent..

Kite Bag: Widow Maker std. Ul, Solus std.,Ocius ul, Ocius sul,Pro Dancer,Inak,TNT,(new) Reloaded.
RobB

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Hey Norm,
That beach is amazing. What scenery you west coasties have !
 The Prism forum folks had a fade challenge a few years ago, where the participants were supposed to hold a fade for 30 seconds, I believe. Maybe it was on the Classy Kite forum, I forget. I don't think there was any prize, though...
~Rob.

Doc Z

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53 AM »

... work on your accent..

Ha ha ha! 

Thanks so much, Vertigo!  I was worried I'd be flying solo again after moving.  I really appreciate it!
Krijn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09 AM »

when i was filming for VF25 i tried to do this trick

no, i'm not a beginner, so save the straps for someone else
maybe watching my handwork and feetwork can help other people

https://vimeo.com/59799289
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Grin
RobB

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54 AM »

when i was filming for VF25 i tried to do this trick

no, i'm not a beginner, so save the straps for someone else

https://vimeo.com/59799289
Thanks, Krijn... that's exactly how I do them... in my mind ! I do notice that even with a TNT, the first few are stronger than the last few.
I can't wait to get back out there and practice these some more.

Krijn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2013, 12:19 PM »

I do notice that even with a TNT, the first few are stronger than the last few.

yes, maybe that's true

a possible explanation: when the kite returns in the fade-position, you can let the nose go a bit higher, pulling it down again is a bit easier that way

the tnt ul comp isn't a great kite for this trick (i think the std and strong are much better (or the ul, without the competition), they are easier to yoyo), i had to use firm inputs
RobB

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46 PM »

I did notice that you use very firm, commanding inputs. Most of the kites I fly don't require much more than a flick of the wrist, and a bunch of slack. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong ? You don't seem to use too much room moving forward, and when I try this trick, I move at least 5 feet forward per cycle. I've never flown a TNT, either, so I have no idea how much different the inputs may be.

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: