GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 08:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 25127 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Rob
thanks for the video. Nice SUL flying. Love those slides.

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10 PM »

Looking sharp Rob!  The kite appears very floaty and I like its style.

Sorry to hear about your recent accident - take care of yourself and get well soon.

-Tom
Thanks, Tom. I haven't gotten much time on it, but the kite far exceeded my expectations. The Fearless is a little trickier, but it could be just slightly different in style. I will have to fly it more to find out.

And yeah, I should stick to kite flying, it's much safer.   Shocked

jaydub
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Sorry to hear about your recent accident - take care of yourself and get well soon.
And yeah, I should stick to kite flying, it's much safer.   Shocked

Rob,

Wishing you a speedy recovery.  How long before kiting is seen as a suitably therapeutic rehabilitation activity?

Jon
RobB

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 06:13 AM »

I'm thinking a few weeks before I can at least get out withe some single liners, Jon. Thanks for the well wishes...   Smiley

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Weather is still unstable.  Looks like a chance today and tomorrow.  Saw Rob bundled up.  If tempature rise.  I am flying.  Four weeks I'll be in Kentucky...around Ft. Knox if anyone lives that way...weather will could be better then.  A lot of people getting ready for the Kite Party.

Norm, I looked at my You Tube.  (I lost most of my files.)  However, it's amazing how many AVFFF'S I've done.  So many times right there.  However, looking at early one's I see improvement with the later videos.  Like 3 7/8 almost..so many times...  Going to try today as it warms.   

Also hope to get a chance to fly my New Widow Maker Ul....

When I posted the number was 4,501. It's 4,953 as I post.  almost 500 Lurkers...  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Numbers sometimes mean something.  A lot of guys reading about this Trick and the communication going on.  Maybe others will post.  Maybe not.  Fact is a lot of people are 'Yearning' for the same thing.  Kite Flying ... Your "challenge" has gotten a lot of people through some snowy,gray cloudy,windy days. People are looking each day and wondering if some one will post a video of Flying and accomplishing the trick. Thats a lot Norm.  We are half way through February with spring coming... People will continue to look and others will post videos. It will be around in August.... Most important I think this thread gives people Hope.  That better winds will prevail. 

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I'm actually going to be in Kentucky (Lexington) in four weeks. Will just be moving down, so I don't know if I'll have flying time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Hey Norm,

Nice beach. I can see why the Spanish claimed it, beautiful. If I ever make it down that way I think I'm going to have to stop there for a fly!
 Can't wait to see what you have in mind for the next challenge.

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2013, 08:02 AM »

Norm that place is beautiful... It speaks for itself... Wow !! I got to fly yesterday... a couple nice AFVVV .  It was just nice to fly squares.. my new kite tracks on the dime... Jon did a few new things to it...  Big Time happy...

Doc Z  Do you know about the Huge Kite Club near Cinncinatti or that they have a Huge Kite Festival coming up in early April or end of March Huh You have a Huge Following of kite flyers down there. I'll get you some info.  They have Kite Festivals all year round also in Ky.. there is a group... You have Friends ... work on your accent..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
RobB

« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2013, 09:41 AM »

Hey Norm,
That beach is amazing. What scenery you west coasties have !
 The Prism forum folks had a fade challenge a few years ago, where the participants were supposed to hold a fade for 30 seconds, I believe. Maybe it was on the Classy Kite forum, I forget. I don't think there was any prize, though...
~Rob.

Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53 AM »

... work on your accent..

Ha ha ha! 

Thanks so much, Vertigo!  I was worried I'd be flying solo again after moving.  I really appreciate it!
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09 AM »

when i was filming for VF25 i tried to do this trick

no, i'm not a beginner, so save the straps for someone else
maybe watching my handwork and feetwork can help other people

https://vimeo.com/59799289
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38 AM »

Grin
RobB

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2013, 11:54 AM »

when i was filming for VF25 i tried to do this trick

no, i'm not a beginner, so save the straps for someone else

https://vimeo.com/59799289
Thanks, Krijn... that's exactly how I do them... in my mind ! I do notice that even with a TNT, the first few are stronger than the last few.
I can't wait to get back out there and practice these some more.

Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2013, 12:19 PM »

I do notice that even with a TNT, the first few are stronger than the last few.

yes, maybe that's true

a possible explanation: when the kite returns in the fade-position, you can let the nose go a bit higher, pulling it down again is a bit easier that way

the tnt ul comp isn't a great kite for this trick (i think the std and strong are much better (or the ul, without the competition), they are easier to yoyo), i had to use firm inputs
RobB

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2013, 12:46 PM »

I did notice that you use very firm, commanding inputs. Most of the kites I fly don't require much more than a flick of the wrist, and a bunch of slack. Maybe that's where I'm going wrong ? You don't seem to use too much room moving forward, and when I try this trick, I move at least 5 feet forward per cycle. I've never flown a TNT, either, so I have no idea how much different the inputs may be.

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document