GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 04:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 20257 times)
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2013, 07:18 PM »

when i was filming for VF25 i tried to do this trick

no, i'm not a beginner, so save the straps for someone else
maybe watching my handwork and feetwork can help other people

Sweet flying Krijn!!! I have this one finally figured out and hope to catch it on video tomorrow. I will be posting it shortly there after. I only hope my set looks half as good as what you were doing in the video!!

Ok, hopefully three quaters as good.    Cheesy

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2013, 03:51 PM »

If it snows one more day  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed... I'm burning my kites  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  I need those straps  Kiss Kiss.... But it has got to stop snowing every other day  Cry Cry Cry... Warms up and rains Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ...then snows all in one day.  The weatherman Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed doesn't understand the pressure I am under  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed....  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

p.s.-  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2013, 04:25 PM »

perfect music for the vid

have fun kurt
ko

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Rob if the conditions allow you to flic flac without moving your feet, you do not need to move much at all for the over rotation The fearless do not need a whole lot of input to bring them out.For me it seems, I pull to go into the trick about as much as I pull to get out
 in Krijn's vid the song is about rhythm ps I really like the looks of your new kite
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:41 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2013, 08:45 PM »

I'm just reviewing more video of my attempts (all I've got is time to sit around these days) and I'm going to blame it on lack of wind in my last session. I'll post a follow-up video (to Snow Devil) when I'm done clipping, and hopefully someone can spot what's wrong. If it has to do with rhythm, I'm at a loss... I had to quit drumming because I have no natural rhythm.   Sad

hawkerhunter

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2013, 07:45 AM »

If you check out Si,s video (Roisinroisin)you will see that like Ko suggests there is very little forward movement required for this trick. I fly with Si and he can bang these out all day long and barely takes a step forward. We use Talons and I suppose like everything else it all depends on the strength of the wind and the kite as to how you get the slack in the lines to allow the rotation.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:13 AM by hawkerhunter » Logged
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30 AM »

If you check out Si,s video (Roisinroisin)you will see that like Ko suggests there is very little forward movement required for this trick. I fly with Si and he can bang these out all day long and barely takes a step forward. We use Talons and I suppose like everything else it all depends on the strength of the wind as to how you get the slack in the lines to allow the rotation.

I have found the lenght of roll up is kite specfic. I'm 6'2 and can rollup my Talon and Tekken with out stepping forward. full size kites (WM,Mongoos and Infinity) require me to step forward. 

Have problems rolling up my shadow and WM UL in really low winds 2-3mph. when I get a little more wind, they rollup fine. but now I can fly the talon any maybe even the Tekken and they rollup quickier and don't require me to walk forward, so I fly them. 

Wayner

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2013, 08:30 AM »

If it snows one more day  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed... I'm burning my kites  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  I need those straps  Kiss Kiss.... But it has got to stop snowing every other day  Cry Cry Cry... Warms up and rains Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed ...then snows all in one day.  The weatherman Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed doesn't understand the pressure I am under  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed....  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

p.s.-  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Joe you need to come to Las Vegas for our weekly fly. Just bring your shorts and t-shirt, temp in be in the 60's.   Grin

We got your kites covered with WM, Ocius and the Solus.   Cool   You just need to bring out you Aura  Cheesy

p.s  Bring some snow. We don't have any of that stuff here and it sounds like you have plenty.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:32 AM by Wayner » Logged
vertigo2u

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2013, 10:45 AM »

Thanks Wayne I need the up lift... Temps in 20's today and it feels like 3 degrees.

If you watch Norms video he barely moves forward or back ward... In my early attempts I found myself running a half a mile while attempting to do more than one.  I think I posted all my mistakes... 

If you watch Norm he stands and it's a 1-2-3 and done.  As I have gotten better doing three in a row.  I don't move as much.  I extend my arms out more in front and then backwards all the way... Watch Norm..  I get all anxious after I finish two really nice one's then a third and I loose it..

My problem is getting past the #4 Block.  I have posted 3 7/8 AVFFF but Mr.California Beach And Sun and Warm air  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  Would not count it.
I do my best when I imatate Norm extending his arms all the way forward.... ( when the weather changes I am going to fly everyday)... Cry Cry Cry Cry

Cheap flight to Vegas on the strip Hotel and fly all day..better than a good day at the tables....

The Kid really made a spcial kite in the Aura ... I know I'm getting one soon as he gets back.  Problem is as Devin mentioned.  Cost. A lot of wasted material in making one.  In the end.  So what ?

I watched Devin trick the Ocius Sul.  When I got one I couldn't fly worth a darn. But,now a days I am getting the hang of things.  I love flying my Sul. He tricks the heck out of a Sul.  But to see him with absoluty No Wind tricking his new kite was scary ... One thing for sure No Wind Vegas in the summer won't matter ...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:02 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2013, 10:59 AM »

If you check out Si,s video (Roisinroisin)you will see that like Ko suggests there is very little forward movement required for this trick. I fly with Si and he can bang these out all day long and barely takes a step forward. We use Talons and I suppose like everything else it all depends on the strength of the wind as to how you get the slack in the lines to allow the rotation.

I have found the lenght of roll up is kite specfic. I'm 6'2 and can rollup my Talon and Tekken with out stepping forward. full size kites (WM,Mongoos and Infinity) require me to step forward. 

Have problems rolling up my shadow and WM UL in really low winds 2-3mph. when I get a little more wind, they rollup fine. but now I can fly the talon any maybe even the Tekken and they rollup quickier and don't require me to walk forward, so I fly them. 

This is true here.  Not only is movement kite specific but wind specific as well.  Common mistake I make and I have seen other make is not doing a strong enough input.  You need to be more firm that regular flic flac inputs.  If you do a regular flic flac input it will require more movement to get it to roll up.  Basically do the same input as you would if your trying a yoyo.
Wayner

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2013, 12:22 PM »

This is true here.  Not only is movement kite specific but wind specific as well.  Common mistake I make and I have seen other make is not doing a strong enough input.  You need to be more firm that regular flic flac inputs.  If you do a regular flic flac input it will require more movement to get it to roll up.  Basically do the same input as you would if your trying a yoyo.

Thanks. I will try making the change.
RobB

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Here's what happened to one of the other tall ships from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie during Hurricane Sandy. It was also used in the movie Mutiny on the Bounty. It was a replica of the Bounty, and used to dock in Port Jefferson during the summer months. This picture was taken from the coast guard rescue helicopter...
 Sad

vertigo2u

« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2013, 02:52 PM »

I have the Pelican as Wall paper Looks Great  Wink Wink  !!!  Well I be at Ft. Knox, Ky on March 14-17... Hoping for good weather and wind. 

What's the new Trick...I wonder  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Looking for anyone asscoicated with PIGS ALOFT.  and Air Waves in Cinncinatti...also the group of Flyers in Kentucky ...

vertigo2u

« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2013, 10:00 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Color doesn't matter I like the skinny one's without finger holes.  I love those starps...  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

trigger

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2013, 07:56 PM »

What's the new Trick...I wonder  Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
I let everybody else know in a PM, so they can get a leg kite up on YOU.  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy

Wow, really norm, i can almost do that one now!!! I am feeling good, give me 3 days before you tell him!   2 finger please  Cool
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography