GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 11:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 27568 times)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2013, 10:13 PM »

I'll take the green ones.

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2013, 04:36 AM »

I like the nuclear green or purple in the soft, narrow material. Norm, don't forget, I have a set of sizing loops, too. You never did let me know where to send them... if you wanted them back, or to send them on to someone else. Maybe you did, and I missed it... I'm such a scatter brain.  Embarrassed

RobB

« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2013, 08:26 PM »

This is my best attempt the last time I had the camera out... If I think about what I'm doing, I lock up. I will get this soon... next time I'm out.  Roll Eyes

AVFFF fail...

Wayner

« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2013, 12:01 AM »

Rob,

I'm impressed. That is hard to do with a SUL.

Sure you will have it once your back on your feet.
RobB

« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2013, 05:01 AM »

That isn't that hard with the 'right' SUL. It would be impossible with a Prism Ozone, at least for me, but the Sea Devil & Fearless can do this almost as easily as a standard kite.

I am actually back on my feet, and back to work. Don't tell anyone (I know I'm not supposed to, but if I had to work, I should be able to fly)... I left work on monday & stopped at the beach on the way home... got to fly for about an hour with the Sea Devil light in 3-5mph winds. It felt so good to fly, even if it hurt. No video, but I did nail 5 reps of the AVFFF. I know, no video... it didn't happen. But it was the first time I got more than 3 in a row, on or off camera, so I'm really happy to break the mental block.

Grin

RobB

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2013, 06:46 AM »

If the Seven SUL flies anything like  the Seven standard, it would be a good kite to use. The Seven std. is very strong in the flic-flac department...
The nice thing about doing this in low wind is that it is like flying in slow motion, and gives the pilot time to think. The tough thing is that it is sometimes difficult to keep the kite flying at all, let alone trying to do tricks.

Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2013, 07:58 AM »

This is my best attempt the last time I had the camera out... If I think about what I'm doing, I lock up. I will get this soon... next time I'm out.  Roll Eyes

Hurray! For me it is an excellent attempt! Smiley

I feel a lot of empathy with your turing towards the camera at the end like saying "Darn! I almost had it!"  Cheesy

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Charles P

« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30 PM »

I am submitting my video for the AVFFF trick challenge!!    Grin           Finally!!

I took a little of Norms camera advice and propped my smart phone up with a couple of kite stakes to get the video.

I'm pretty happy with it but I am interested in how many rotations Norm will count as good ones!    Lips sealed
 Im' not sure how to attach a video directly to this page so here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BO8ZYVQHL8&feature=player_detailpage

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2013, 03:21 PM »

Well done Charles!
I hope I get some good winds these Easter holidays...  Sad

But eaxcellent performance.
I'm happy for you.
Cheers!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Wayner

« Reply #129 on: March 27, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Impressive and congrads.

that is a great SUL to do this trick in those winds.

Enjoy your straps. You earned them.  Cool
Charles P

« Reply #130 on: March 27, 2013, 10:55 PM »

Thanks Norm for posting these challenges, they are making myself and I believe others better fliers. This one was pretty tough but something tells me the fade challenge might be a little more difficult...... maybe not for Wayner, but still.     Cheesy
 Those straps look awesome and I can not wait to try out the ninja's!!  I've been chomping at the bit to get my hands on those ever since you sent me the sizing loops. The material you are using for the straps is far superior to anything I've ran into before, they just feel great!   Cool

Good luck to everyone else trying to complete this challenge and if I may give my two cents on doing the AVFFF I would say that the first input is pretty abrupt and forcefull but you can over do it and over rotate. The second input should be smooth and actually gentle. At least with my SUL this was the case.

Its's on to the fade challenge for this kid, I'm sure that I'll have it done in a week with Norms straps in my hands!!    Cheesy Cheesy

Roll Eyes

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
RobB

« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2013, 04:36 AM »

Good work, Charles. That Seven SUL looks great in the air.

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2013, 11:33 AM »

I started working them the other day.  I had four nice one's in a row.  Hand right etc.  I was jumping up and down with happy as hell.  I am sure a few thought I was crazy.  I looked at the camera the lens was open meant it was "ON".  I was geeked... I looke at the camera OMG !!! Green Light is ON.  No video.  Camera stopped. 
That day I bought a new Sony HD camcorder.  Never gonna happen again.  I went to the Beach yesterday.  I recorded three hours.  Here is one Ten minute segment cut down.  Wind was over 12 mph.  I had four large single kites up... Two 13 feet wide .  Just wanted you to know.  I am still in the hunt.  I am not going to be happy like that again till I do five in a row.  I only could get two nice one's in a row the wind was so had to deal with... But I practiced for almost three hours on AVFFF's.  Ton of single one's... I re-watched about three hours of film..

Thanks for the drive to accomplish this.... Nothing till on Film...

AVFFF

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
drmndrew82
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2013, 04:38 AM »

Okay, so I am new at this whole recording thing. I used my cell video camera and it didn't turn out very good. Tomorrow when I accomplish this trick challenge I will record it with my ipad. How's that for optimism.  Wink

The wind was pretty strong (at least 10 +), but I was able to do 2 in a row. Here are my fail videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gTO3HKOA9XY

http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=qEb9S0Kt9HQ&feature=plcp
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:17 AM by drmndrew82 » Logged

Kite Bag: Skyburner: Widowmaker Std & UL/ I-Nak, HQ: Shadow, Flying Wings: Silver Fox 2.3 UL , Blue Moon: Mongoose, ITW: Kymera, Rev: (2) 1.5 SLE / 1.5 SLE Vented, Baressi Signature Vented, Kite Related Design: Fury UL, Fury STD, Fury Vented
Wayner

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Okay, so I am new at this whole recording thing. I used my cell video camera and it didn't turn out very good. Tomorrow when I accomplish this trick challenge I will record it with my ipad. How's that for optimism.  Wink

The wind was pretty strong (at least 10 +), but I was able to do 2 in a row. Here are my fail videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gTO3HKOA9XY

http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=qEb9S0Kt9HQ&feature=plcp

I like your optimism.

could not see the videos. One says private. other goes to the main page.  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum