GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 09:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 26663 times)
drmndrew82
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2013, 09:08 PM »

Thanks Wayner. Someone didn't like my optimism because the minimum wind in Berkeley was 20-25mph today. I stayed all day hoping it would die down, but by the time I left at 7pm it was ramping up to about 35 mph!!!  :'(

I am not sure how to post videos in the forum. How do you post a video so it can be watched within the forum?

Lets see if these links work better....

AVFFF fail #1

AVFFF fail #2

I was able to repost correctly now that I know how to post videos.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:02 PM by drmndrew82 » Logged

Kite Bag: Skyburner: Widowmaker Std & UL/ I-Nak, HQ: Shadow, Flying Wings: Silver Fox 2.3 UL , Blue Moon: Mongoose, ITW: Kymera, Rev: (2) 1.5 SLE / 1.5 SLE Vented, Baressi Signature Vented, Kite Related Design: Fury UL, Fury STD, Fury Vented
drmndrew82

« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Okay, so I am giving up on youtube. I signed up for vimeo so hopefully this works better.

Also, I went to Berkeley this morning and I am pretty sure I completed the challenge. Of course I need Norm to review my video first and approve it. There are plenty of fails in the video to see I have been working hard at this challenge.

The two points in the video that I think I have completed the challenge are at:

1:55 & 2:38

Norm, you weren't joking about the slack...

Let me know what you think.

[url=http://vimeo.com/65520554]AVFFF CHALLENGE on Vimeo

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:32 PM by drmndrew82 » Logged

Kite Bag: Skyburner: Widowmaker Std & UL/ I-Nak, HQ: Shadow, Flying Wings: Silver Fox 2.3 UL , Blue Moon: Mongoose, ITW: Kymera, Rev: (2) 1.5 SLE / 1.5 SLE Vented, Baressi Signature Vented, Kite Related Design: Fury UL, Fury STD, Fury Vented
drmndrew82

« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2013, 05:27 PM »

Lets try Youtube again too.

http://youtu.be/WuUXJLUessE

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WuUXJLUessE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously though, why can't I post a video like everyone else???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:41 PM by drmndrew82 » Logged

drmndrew82

« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Thanks Norm. I am excited about getting some of your famous straps. Grin Grin Grin I will PM you my number to learn how to post videos in the forum.

Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Well done  Grin

Enjoy those straps.  Cool
drmndrew82

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2013, 08:26 PM »

AVFFF

« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:14 PM by drmndrew82 » Logged

drmndrew82

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Okay, now I feel official. Cool Thanks for walking me through how to post a video Norm.

madhabitz

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2013, 09:27 PM »

Drew, that is totally awesome. The pace you're learning this stuff is amazing. I am going to quit my job (kidding) and camp out at the Marina.

Good job kiddo!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2013, 11:04 PM »

Congrats Drew!!,

Enjoy the new straps as well as the next challenge.   Wink

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40 AM »

Nice job Drew... Sooner or later I'll post four or five.  It can wear one out trying to get four.  But Norm knows I have to be smooth when I do it..

btw:  Those flight straps will change your flying for the good.  Anyone else if you don't have Norms flight straps ..You can get them from Kites and Fun Things.  I gave away 7 sets of the premier straps.  I fly with Norms straps on all my lines... You owe this to your self...  If you buy them and don't like em'./. I'll buy them from you...  Vert.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
drmndrew82

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28 AM »

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

He's young and catches on fast, not like us old farts. Well, except for posting vids. 

Yeah, apparently I am not as computer savvy as I thought, lol  Cheesy

Sooner or later I'll post four or five.  It can wear one out trying to get four.

Joe, I am sure you will. I have seen your videos. You have got it down, the wind looked pretty high in your videos. I went early in the morning in Berkeley when the winds had died down (a bit..., it is Berkeley you know) and it was easier.

I am going to quit my job (kidding) and camp out at the Marina.

Nancy, I would totally do that if I could Undecided

drmndrew82

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Wow, those look really nice. They should go great with my WM UL when it arrives this week! Tongue Tongue Tongue New straps and a new kite. What a good week.

vertigo2u

« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29 PM »

I have been doing a number of them...  I am learning to slow down... My goal has been taking care of my nemesis  The "Fade"... Norm is right my most success comes from my Std. Widow Maker in about 6/7 mph... She loves to Fade and my lack of extra slack is made up by it being heavier and pulling more slack from me...  I now set up each AVFFF before going further.  I have done four in a row.
But my goal is to do them like Norm.  Smooth and easy.. Not charging and pulling and jumping... Getting that fourth one nice and sharp.. Not just made it style...

Corn is planted and time to fly...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
vertigo2u

« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2013, 08:20 AM »

Well, let me say that Nobody has Ever accused you off being a ball buster...  Wink Wink

Yesterday was the Day.... I did a number of AVFFF's had three almost four twice .... Even got some video to show you... Right now I am considering going to the Beach and get some more flying in... about 11:30 AM... 

Video coming to a web site near you............. Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

vertigo2u

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2013, 07:35 PM »

I got Lucky...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Since I believe in your Chessy Flight Straps  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  and the Fact I own 8 pair ... Use them as a gift for others... Thanks for Breaking my Balls.. I learned a number of things trying.  It's been more serendipitous than one can imagine... 

2Norm@AVFFF
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:39 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change