GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED  (Read 28406 times)
Charles P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Nice set Vertigo!!
  I counted 5 and I wish I could have recovered so smoothly as you did after accomplishing it, but I was a Lil'excited at the time.
 Congrats!!
  Oh........... I've got dibs on the floppy almost a good tip stand thing so back off!!!  Cheesy   Cheesy

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2013, 05:01 PM »

Great job Vert! Very smooth... JL's do sound  like a new challenge for you... Norm I am not that old and havnt been a member here that long and I am definitely not female . SOOOOOOOO A lot of peeps are going to cry themselves to sleep if you do not keep up the good work. And I will take back your 1/2 axles LOL ps thanx for the kind words on the halves
 Regards and have fun to both of ya ,, Kurt

have fun kurt
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013, 06:50 AM »

Your Right never can have enough Straps... I just got a couple new line sets... Others seem to like them a lot.  For me they changed my whole flying schematics...  Once I felt the lines everything became brighter.  I have been working my precision flying for weeks. Sharp turns and straight lines... Now that I have finally gotten by this I can continue on my Fade work...   

That Half Axel is very important to learn.  It is equally important to control after it's complete.  Keeping it on the same line... Left/Right, Back and Forth... Months ago Tony mentioned that a Slot machine was just a 540 sideways.  He is so right.  But you can't do it without a half Axel...

I started flying them on a Diagonal.. gonna' break some Carbon before I get this one right.  The closer to the ground the scarier it gets...

Hoping to get Two Point landings and Wing Tips. 

This week-end is our Big Kite Feat at the Beach... Just need to have a Great Day and bring Kiting to the Beach People for the first time...
It should be a Fantastic day for others who have never seen a Kite Fest... Nothing like this has ever been seen around here...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
alien

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013, 07:06 AM »

Vert you are the MAN.... Cool
vertigo2u

« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2013, 09:28 AM »

No way am I the man...  Sad Sad Sad Sad I am just a beginner trying to learn a new sport and have fun  Undecided Undecided Undecided... Being retired gives me something to do..that I like.  Pete PAWS is THE MAN >>>  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

It's having an alien on line... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
alien

« Reply #155 on: June 19, 2013, 09:56 AM »

Still,its some smooth hot low level flying there Mr Vert! 
Great videos and flying thanks champ.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:09 AM by alien » Logged
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Joe, Glad to see you final got those AVFFF on video.

That was a nice and clean set. Practice has really improved your flying.

Enjoy those straps
vertigo2u

« Reply #157 on: June 19, 2013, 10:59 PM »

I flew Nancy's "Deep Space Ul" tonight...  Tongue Tongue Kiss Kiss Tongue Tongue Tongue Kiss Kiss Kiss

I flew my first JL's tonight ...also.  That Kite gives JL's out for Halloween.  I finished a AVFFF and decide to give it a try.  Boom !! I got one.  My heart jumped.  So worked it some more actually got 2 JL's in a row..Lt/Rt/Lt/RT/LT and down... Our wind tonight was terrible.  Jon T had us practicing 4 KiteTeam flying.  He has some really Great Team kites for No wind situations... So by the time I got to fly some more.  Night was over...

It's almost 2:00 am and my blood is still pumped. Been studying film and YouTube JL stuff... This is gonna be a fun day today...I have a feeling I'll be posting some nice JL's real soon.  Maybe I should go to bed and sleep.  I always have trouble sleeping night before some thing exciting. I'll drive to the Beach when the sun rises...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Amazing I wasn't but three or four feet off the ground.  Nice Kite....  Doesn't track like I'd want.  But well work on that tomorrow.  Going to sleep btw:
Nancy that Kite is a dream I'll wake up in the morning and No JL's No Fades No AVFFF No Flick Flacks.... all a dream.... Vertigo Out !!!

vertigo2u

« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44 AM »

HI buddy  I will let you know and down right Thank you for them.... I love those straps...  Did a bunch of AVFFF last night with WM std... They unroll so nicely with that kite.   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Admin
Administrator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2013, 03:48 PM »

you boys need to take your pissing contest somewhere other than the forum.

Forum Admin
"It's good to be king"
Pages: 1 ... 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum