GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 03:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 4558 times)
roisinroisin21
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49 AM »

Cheesy Grin Done it twice , phew just how hard do you have to run at a kite  Cry

Now got to get it on video

My tip is if you dont have the lightning reactions of Usain Bolt when you give the input to start the rotations and start running keep your hands by your side this gives you the option to outstretch your arms for a extra bit of slack   Cool

Simon

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 04:51 AM »

Wayne... your video from a different angle helps me to understand this trick. I've done this to the point that you got (while practicing the single AVFFF), and unrolled, but I never tried adding another 1/2 rotation to it. I may not get this one right away because I'm not supposed to run for a while. Maybe I can do 1, but 2 reps... I don't know.
One thing I see in your video is that it looks like your input for the unroll is a little sharp. The guys from kite hill (Tom, Jim, Reggie) helped me with my unrolls back when I used to post my 'what am I doing wrong' videos a few years ago. They told me to calm the input, and just take a few steps back with a gradual pull.
~Rob.

Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 07:18 AM »

Wayne... your video from a different angle helps me to understand this trick. I've done this to the point that you got (while practicing the single AVFFF), and unrolled, but I never tried adding another 1/2 rotation to it. I may not get this one right away because I'm not supposed to run for a while. Maybe I can do 1, but 2 reps... I don't know.
One thing I see in your video is that it looks like your input for the unroll is a little sharp. The guys from kite hill (Tom, Jim, Reggie) helped me with my unrolls back when I used to post my 'what am I doing wrong' videos a few years ago. They told me to calm the input, and just take a few steps back with a gradual pull.
~Rob.

Thanks for the feedback on my unrolls being sharp.  I am always learning to temper my inputs.

My tip is if you dont have the lightning reactions of Usain Bolt when you give the input to start the rotations and start running keep your hands by your side this gives you the option to outstretch your arms for a extra bit of slack   Cool

Simon

I will have to try this tried everything else  Cry

Boy this trick is hard, Thanks Norm.  Wink

First I find it hard to get two rotations. 1 1/2 is easy the last 1/2 rotation the kite loses most of its momentum. Plus you have to have to the kite lined up really straight.

If the lines catch the kite winding up it slows and never get to 2 rotations.  Sad

I tried poping with my hand back as far as possible but the line always catches my elbows. (sorry no video)  Cheesy

If I sprint full speed the lines are too slack and often miss the yoyo stopper or rollup bars.  Sad

Then I tried running forward with my hands together in front of me to keep the lines near the nose. This worked better at catching the yoyo stopper, but not the ideal sprinting postion that Usain Bolt uses.

I think I just need to lose about 10 lbs.  Tongue
Wayner

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 10:27 AM »

Wayne.....Do you find yourself slipping (loosing traction) on the grass? I have to be on the wet/moist sand to get enough traction to do this trick. There is NO way I could do it on the loose sand. It is at least FUN to try it. Just wait until you complete the two rotations. If you're anything like me (over weight) and out of shape, you'll be breathing heavy.  Embarrassed

No problem slipping on the grass. I don't move that fast.

My issues are old age, overweight and asmtha. Other than that this trick is a piece of cake.
roisinroisin21

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04 AM »

Shocked

C`mon   Norm , we both know thats a old picture of me taken 3yrs ago  Tongue while training for GB olympic team 100 m sprint
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 09:06 AM by roisinroisin21 » Logged

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+83)

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 12:53 PM »

Hah, nice.  Cheesy

I tried this trick a bit yesterday with the TNT Zero, but I don't think it has enough mass.  I couldn't manage even one.  I blame our crappy inland winds.  Yeah, that's definitely the problem.   Wink
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Just goes to show what you can do with those "custom straps"...

Now, If we can get out from under all these snow storms, I just might have a chance to break in a pair Smiley Smiley Smiley

Anthony
RobB

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 04:32 AM »

Norm... wow, dude, you sure can hustle ! I better step it up !

I finally got to fly in a good smooth wind again, and realize how badly out of practice I am. This trick is going to take some time, I couldn't even get one. I couldn't do more than 2 single AVFFF's in a row, but I think I might have bee flying to heavy of a kite for the wind. Oh, well.
Still out there... still trying...

Wayner

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2013, 05:46 PM »

I decided to do two rotations of the Double AVFFF. I'm almost 68 years old and 68 pounds over weight and completely out of shape.

Thanks for the video Norm. I'm out of shap and over weight but a spring chicken at only 54  Cheesy
Looks like I need to sprint another 5 to 7 feet to complete the double.

Finish up school in a couple of weeks so I can give it another shot.

Now, If we can get out from under all these snow storms, I just might have a chance to break in a pair Smiley Smiley Smiley

You still have snow storms.  Huh
In Vegas it was 90 on April 1st. By April 30 it was 99. Only a matter of time till we hit 110.  Cry
ko

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 06:44 PM »

give em hell Norm  Cheesy

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Norm, I've been trying this, and I make it 1/2 rotation short, every time. Still working on it, but due to cr@p winds, I've been flying 4 lines more than 2 !

Charles P

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 11:47 PM »

Gonna get my popcorn and watch the fireworks!!    Cheesy   Cheesy

I've given this one a go a couple of times, the running is not the hard part for me, what catches me out is I have trouble keeping track of the kites orientation during the trick and usually pull up short or the kite kind of locks in and descends on a relatively slow trajectory to terra firma.    Sad

In the bag,

Seven SUL, Deep Space UL, Seven Std., Deep Space Vented
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum