GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 02:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 3974 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: December 06, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Wink
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:59 PM by np » Logged
roisinroisin21
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Oohh aw erm . Lol a ladole . Tough to get

Simon

roisinroisin21

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:57 AM »

Challenge accepted , Norm ,

To push the other 2 guys i fly with at http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg Ian and Steve , we`ll post up 3 seperate pilots completing the trick , should be great fun

Simon

hawkerhunter

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Haha. Some people dont get my humor Norm and I didnt want you to take it the wrong way. The challenge is accepted Norm. Should have something sorted soon.

steve

PS If I cant do it Ill just get si to use three different kites and pretend its me LOL
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:18 PM »

A trick around pulling hard. This is made for me.  Grin
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 08:52 AM by Wayner » Logged
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:37 AM »

Hi Norm.

I would also like to see another video, but not for the reasons exposed before, but because this one is so shaky.
The vibration makes me unsure of how the trick goes.
Could we have one with a stable camera please?
Thanks!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 07:04 AM »

OooooooKkkkkk...

I offered this trick as a challenge to Simon and his friends
So I should not go for this challenge? What if I get it right? I don't get a much wanted set of your straps?

On the other hand, as far as I can see, whereas the AVFFF "Trick Challenge" started out from a fade position, this Double AVFFF starts from a dive down and into a pancake that rolls the kite twice.
Is that correct?
If so, then it is not really an "AVFFF rolled up twice" because the entry to the trick is different...   :-?
Am I being too picky?
Cheers.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 08:02 AM »

Sorry, I had not looked properly at the trick on the video. I now clearly see you start from a fade. Darn fade!
OK if I get a fade the first thing I'll do (instead of naively looking at it in awe) is I will pull hard on the lines and run forward like the devil was after me >:-)
At least I'll do some exercise  Wink

In my bag...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 08:54 AM »

Now you can see why my video is shaky.

I can't believe that thing stays on your head...

Wayner

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:00 AM »

Here was my first attempt.

Wasn't till I saw the video that I identied my problem. I was only letting the kite rotate 1 1/2 time not the full two rotations. must need new glasses. Need some track shoes for sure, there is a lot of forward movement.  Cheesy

Flew both the Talon UL and Tekken, both rolled up well. I only had video of the Talon.

Anyway the wind shiffed 90 degrees and I got some good video from the side. I think that how I will try and video this trick in the future. You can see the rotation much better. You can select HD on the video...

Dbl AVFFF 1st attempt

Winds are gusting to 30 mph today. So it will be a while until I can try again. 

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 09:22 AM by Wayner » Logged
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:07 AM »

Way to go Wayne!
You almost got it.
I think once you make it go two full rotations you will clearly unwind it successfully.

You are miles ahead of me. Your entering the fade is great!
Well done!

In my bag...
hawkerhunter

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:21 AM »

Now I know why you guys on the west coast get so good at this trick kite stuff. You get to fly in jeans, T shirt and trainers all year.

Try doing this trick in sub zero tempretures wearing wellington boots and thirty layers of clothing to keep alive. Running forward is the least of my problems, I cant even bend my arms lol.

Thanks for the vid. It reminded me of what blue sky and sun are.
Wayner

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:29 AM »

Now I know why you guys on the west coast get so good at this trick kite stuff. You get to fly in jeans, T shirt and trainers all year.

No jeans in the summer it to hot. Then the Speedo is the clothing of choice.  Roll Eyes

Try doing this trick in sub zero tempretures wearing wellington boots and thirty layers of clothing to keep alive. Running forward is the least of my problems, I cant even bend my arms lol.

This is out is our good weather time of year. I would be running to much in the summer when its 110 degress out.

Thanks for the vid. It reminded me of what blue sky and sun are.

Wish we could send you some blue skys. We get plenty of them. Clouds are rare in these parts.
Wayner

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Way to go Wayne!
You almost got it.
I think once you make it go two full rotations you will clearly unwind it successfully.

You are miles ahead of me. Your entering the fade is great!
Well done!

Ara,
Thanks for the kind words.

You will get the fade down. It just takes practice to get the feel to hold it. Gave me lots of frustration leaning this trick.

I found the fade launch and rising fade is easier than getting into the fade in the air.
roisinroisin21

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 11:12 AM »

Gr8 effort ,well done

Cool

Simon

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document