Tekken Vented

(1/3) > >>

tpatter:
I had a chance recently to fly this kite in some actual high wind.  I've been hesitant to report much until I had a chance to try it out in those conditions.  

In lower winds, I like it every bit as much as the standard and SUL.  It does everything they do in the same style and feels right at home only in much more wind.  With the vents, it needs a little more wind for easy precision than the standard, but not much more.  It has a solid feel and feedback to it, not mushy at all.  

I flew it in the 20s which is about as high as I like to fly by choice as it gets uncomfortable to be out in much more wind than that.   I've flown it several times now in wind from 18 to 28 and it performs very well there with a solid feel and pull, but not too much pull.   The kite does power up and has a fairly large sail, so very bumpy high wind will be felt on the lines, but it's manageable.

It does everything the others do including the Taz.  It's got a bit more mass, so you can pop it around if you want or float it.   I was able to get them even in high wind without having to move forward much which pleasantly surprised me.   Not sure why, but you can hit this one harder for the flatspins and it readily complies, perhaps it's the additional weight.   You'll also notice it in yoyos as well, it will go around a bit quicker than the standard there as well.

All in all, another solid vent from Lam!  :)

A few shots of the kite.

Some vent closeups.

Wind was high and bumpy, sunny and stormy, nice one minute, threatening to pour down rain the next - typical northwest winter weather.

Here is an upward shot of my flying field - storm to the left of the trees, sun to the right!  :)

I was treated to this wonderful rainbow at the end of my fly.  It's actually a double, but it's hard to see the second in this picture.

I checked, but there was no pot of gold under the tree!  Maybe next time.

Thanks,
Tom 

sugarbaker:
I like the vented better in terms of graphics...

RobB:
Wow, that's a good looking kite ! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but which panels are the vents ? Blades of the daggers ? I was really getting to like the looks of that Fearless SUV, but I think I like this one even better.

tpatter:
Quote from: RobB on December 06, 2012, 07:06 PM

Wow, that's a good looking kite ! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but which panels are the vents ? Blades of the daggers ? I was really getting to like the looks of that Fearless SUV, but I think I like this one even better.

I added a few more pictures Rob, hopefully they help - the black background makes it hard to see.   There are 4 vents per side - 2 in the blade and 2 under.

I do like how it looks - the venting in the blades mutes them somewhat and the other elements of the design stand out more in my opinion.  That, and I've always liked yellow/black/red on his kites.

Fearless Object:
I haven't fly my vented DOA kite yet, Hopefully next weekend. Sound like you like it and enjoy fly the Vented DOA, I was little worry, beceaue you had the first vented DOA kite :) not sure how does feel like. I am the second to have Vented DOA. I will find out soon for my self :)

Thanks Tom

Good day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page