GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon (California!) Fly for December  (Read 1496 times)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: December 07, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Hey everybody, this coming Sunday is the Ripon Fly. Who is planning to show up? Right now, it looks like there might actually be wind! Hope that holds. I missed last month's fly (was sick as a dog), so I am really needing a fix.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12 PM »

I'll be there some time around 11 am or earlier.  THanks for posting up. I almost forgot about it since its been such a crazy few weeks.
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Wish you guys would post it as Ripon CALIFORNIA! ...Ya know we have a Ripon (WI) too!  Tongue  I keep hoping it's a bit further east!  Cry

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Wish you guys would post it as Ripon CALIFORNIA! ...Ya know we have a Ripon (WI) too!  Tongue  I keep hoping it's a bit further east!  Cry
lol come west sometime Tongue
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+82)

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 02:33 AM »

Yeah, come on out Jynx!  Wink
madhabitz

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:28 AM »

Fixed! Sorry about that Jynx. Apparently there's a Ripon in Canada too.

So, it's looking like a small turnout tomorrow. I am ever hopeful, though- the more the merrier. It's looking like there really will be wind, but now I am worrying over the fog. I don't mind driving in it when I can see the car in front of me; notsomuch when I can't.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Tmadz

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 07:36 AM »

What does it matter? The weather's probably all the same right?
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 08:20 PM »

THANKS Guys! ...Hopefully someday!  Roll Eyes

Hope you ALL had a WINDerFULL Time!  Grin

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
madhabitz

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43 AM »

No problem Jynx!

Well, the forecast is holding. Should be wind. I'm moving sloooow, so while I plan to be there I'm not sure what time.

n.

Smeagol
Trade Count: (+82)

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Was good seeing everyone yesterday.  I think I left my PL quick release handles out on the field, gettin' old I guess.  Cool  If anyone happens to be in the area and noticed them, snag them for me.  No worries if not.  I was gonna drive back out and get them last night, but the gas to get out there would exceed their cost.  Wink

thanks,
  Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change