GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is slot Machine actually a 540 ...  (Read 3945 times)
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2012, 09:01 PM »

[/quote]
I agree. The amount of tension does seem to come across better then slack in print. The variables of speed and intensity of movement are  something that is tough to describe in words and can be very wind speed dependant. The videos and  forum discussions are good but I find I learn more and can explain better to someone else in person.
[/quote]

Agree but you guys dont live donw here :-(
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2012, 11:13 PM »

I do the half axel with method #1. I will try the downwind glide for an expiriment...
Once you learn how to do this transition you will almost never get another tip wrap.  The line sensitivity you get from working on unusual transitions or really learning to control fades (maintaining as well as sliding them around) and slides (raising , lowering and reversing) as well as a normal downwind glide from a dive flare or top of the window downturn flare can increase your connection to the kite a lot.  It will also help you fly better in inland winds because you will start to feel the change in line tension as the wind changes and you will learn how to adjust faster and smoother. 

Sounds like a great tip. Can't wait to try it. I am just starting to develop a good feel on the lines. Hope this help in developing my skills futher.

When helping other fliers learn lately I have gotten away from talking about slack and talk about the line tension instead. How much line tension you keep through a trick can make a big difference on how the kite flows and how well you can recover.

Great point. This was a long slow painful process for me to understand that tons of slack is not the key to controling tricks but line tension.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2012, 11:15 AM »

I need more feel for sure. I was getting some decent fades the other day, still have a bit of trouble keeping the kite from drifting out to the edge or trying to roll out of it.
I believe I just put too much input for the other maneuvers we are discussing, resulting in too much slack or over rotation.

its cold and icy here today or we could go out and get some practice...
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 03:46 PM »

After reading everything I went back and looked at my Taz video... I really luv this trick...

Tom was right once you get you'll keep doing it and get better.

Devin was also right.  The Ocius is a Taz machine.  I can do them easier on the Ocius than my Widow Maker even though the first one I did was on my Widow Maker.  Ocius is a smaller kite.  I was doing Taz Machines with Devin last week before the snow came.  Been a foot since Christmas.  Little creeop-o is going back to school soon.  He better leave that "New" kite home with me for further testing. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Been working a new trick called the "Snow Machine".  Huh Huh Huh It's a hard trick to learn and painful... Embarrassed Embarrassed The backyard park is covered in a foot of snow... Lips sealed Lips sealed Not flying is bugging me out.  Cry Cry Cry Cry The old guy next door is ill so I dop his snow.  Fred next door on the other side has been sick..sooooo more snow to move... I have a large machine but it keeps kicking my A$$$ ... I need to fly..

p.s.-My Mother bought me a R/C helicopter for Christmas. Smiley Smiley  Already had to climb on the roof with the snow to get it. Sad Sad  I got it up and it drifted towards some trees.  I gave it full power up it went.  It started acroos the house to the park when the power went out.  Down it came on the roof top.   Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:48 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document