GWTW Forum
September 20, 2014, 12:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 1651 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: December 13, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:53 PM by np » Logged
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 05:54 PM »

We need to talk

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 06:17 PM »

you got my number? 530-513-6678
 I am sitting at my desk right now

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28 PM »

and they won't take the time to take pictures and put them on their pages so people can see them 

Norm, it's likely that most online stores won't take pictures, as it's kind of expected that a product comes with marketing materials. It would be a very good thing for you to send along a few of yours, along with that video of Joe's showing his new grip (with his permission, of course).

You'll be talking to Steve, so this is probably a moot point...... just thought I'd mention it.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 08:30 PM »

we've spoken and you can expect to see California Custom Straps back at GWTW this spring.

Steve ... Ancient One
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 09:50 PM »

we've spoken and you can expect to see California Custom Straps back at GWTW this spring.
Cool now I don't have to bug Norm about where to get them Tongue  I missed the last wave Steve sold and have been able to use some that my fly group members have.  IMO there is no better strap out there for the comfort and quality.
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:24 AM »

Can't wait. I've got to try these. I like the ability to do on field adjustments to line length because I usually never check my lines until I notice something wrong. Happy to support Norm, but I still am going to earn a pair as well.
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Cool now I don't have to bug Norm about where to get them Tongue  I missed the last wave Steve sold and have been able to use some that my fly group members have.  IMO there is no better strap out there for the comfort and quality.
I recently purchased some Red 9/16" webbing. The sales person hot cut the webbing and put it in a bag for me. When I got home I took the webbing out to put it with my strap making supplies. It was stiff and had no luster/sheen. I was certain there was something different. So, I decided to contact the Rope Company. I wasn't expecting anything back, but received the reply below. After I received the reply below I decided to wash the webbing and see what would happen. I washed/soaked it in hot tap water and used liquid Dawn. (doesn't everybody) After a few minutes of washing I rinsed it and removed to dry. I let it dry completely and was surprised at the outcome. It was very pliable and gained it's sheen/luster back. Yes, I took David up on his offer to replace the Red with Purple, because I could never find Purple available for me to purchase. I think I was mostly shocked by the admission of leaving the webbing in the die too long, especially from a major Rope Manufactuer. 

Hi Norm,

Thank you for contacting us.  We did experience a problem with some red 9/16” webbing where it stayed in the dye too long and became stiff.  There is not a safety concern with the webbing but it does not handle as well as it should.  Do you need a replacement?  Just let me know, we’re happy to help. 

Was that New England Rope? I used to work next door to them and I know that they are a great company to work with!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:48 AM »

no worries...just know them pretty well and would expect that sort of service from that rope shop....
the straps not being listed on the shop websites is just dumb....how do they expect to sell them?   I have every single item that is up for sale on my site...have to....i have no walk in location so everything is on the web.....
but then...i have a lot of experience from a kite shop that had a website in 1997 and a very solid walk in customer base so i have a different view than some of the fly-by-night websites trying to make a quick buck.....

Glad that Steve is able to help out!   

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:54 AM »

To both of you guys, I'm very glad to hear this. Every time I ordered something this year, from any kite store, I've been looking through listings for better straps. Some stores list none, some have a listing marked out of stock with no restock date (presumably never?), and one listed straps and then told me they were out of stock after I tried to buy them.

Happy to support Norm, but I still am going to earn a pair as well.

My offer HERE applies to you as it does to username (red sweater) Also be SURE to read all the tips in my first post.   

Oh, I know I won't be able to win them. That's why I'm happy about being able to buy them. You should see my trophy room. It's nice and shiny, but it cost me a pretty penny. Wink
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:58 AM by red sweater » Logged

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document