GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 06:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zero G video  (Read 1544 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« on: December 15, 2012, 02:21 PM »

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PWSdj04Agxg#
!

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 05:24 AM »

Sure don't need much room to have fun with that kite.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 06:18 PM »

Excellent flying. Looks like it's tuned perfect.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 06:43 PM »

We will be doing a follow up tuning video in a few days.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Excellent- been getting interested in this one.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Excellent- been getting interested in this one.
You can try mine you know.

Biggest issue I have with mine is the aluminum ferrule in the center T keeps coming loose.
coogee

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 01:11 AM »

Every body needs one of these.... great little kite
  Mike
firecsi
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13 PM »

The Zero G is a nice kite to fly. I fly one in the parking lot here, people really like watching it.

Tobie

I live, I fly, I am
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 07:38 PM »

This is a really fun kite, stay patient, tune and the rewards are pure pleasure. Wink
gliderdude

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 11:46 AM »

When you take the Zero-G out of the bag for the first time and assemble it, DO NOT attach the flying line.

TUNE IT FIRST!

1) Tune it in little or no wind.
2) Tune the spine tension first... loosen it to get rid of a stall... tighten it if the kite won't glide a good distance (especially when it gets down to ground effect level).
3) Tweak the canard bridle (red bridle) for a perfect, looong glide. Mine is loose, but not slack.
4) NOW attach the flying line to the bridle; my preferred setting is all the way forward... but you should experiment).
5)Above all... BE PATIENT! And for sure, DON'T try to re-launch from the ground... the kite wasn't designed to do that.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll challenge yourself to having total control of a SLK. I look forward to flying the 'G' every chance I get... just ask Steve.,

"If flying were the language of men, soaring would be it's poetry."
Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 08:27 PM »

When you take the Zero-G out of the bag for the first time and assemble it, DO NOT attach the flying line.

TUNE IT FIRST!

1) Tune it in little or no wind.
2) Tune the spine tension first... loosen it to get rid of a stall... tighten it if the kite won't glide a good distance (especially when it gets down to ground effect level).
3) Tweak the canard bridle (red bridle) for a perfect, looong glide. Mine is loose, but not slack.
4) NOW attach the flying line to the bridle; my preferred setting is all the way forward... but you should experiment).
5)Above all... BE PATIENT! And for sure, DON'T try to re-launch from the ground... the kite wasn't designed to do that.

Once you get the hang of it, you'll challenge yourself to having total control of a SLK. I look forward to flying the 'G' every chance I get... just ask Steve.,
Great tips Ted.  I have to add to that a new #1 though.  Before first flight measure the canard anchor lines and adjust them to be equal.  Tolerance is 1mm of difference before flight is affected. THen check the center T ferrule for movement (mine was loose as if it was never glued in place).
trigger

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 08:52 PM »

i may need to get one of these for my wife... it would be nice to get her out with me.  what is the max mph on these? are the hard to control for someone who isnt good with duals?

thanks
jim
Ca Ike

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 10:54 PM »

max mph for staked out flying I would say 10 mph.  THey aren't hard to learn for a new flyer to control but it will take a bit of learning how to manage the line at first and when your not flying your duals Jim you can play glider catch with her.  You might want to look at a Wala as well to add to the glider bag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum