GWTW Forum
September 23, 2014, 03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eagle & baby  (Read 1344 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 20, 2012, 05:23 AM »

Golden Eagle Snatches Kid

Chek the music too !
Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 05:52 AM »

Fortunately for al parents, this video is a college cgi project.
(But a rather believeable one.)
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/eaglegrab.asp

Steady winds, y'all.
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:00 AM »

Yes
I got that  info too.
Its made by students in Montreal
 Smiley
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:14 AM by vigli » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Yes
I got that  info too.
Its made by students in Montreal
 Smiley
Twisted students that would be. 
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Got them an A, I bet.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:43 PM »

It looks real,  if you're not paying attention.
Like so many events in history.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:05 PM »

So true.

That's the frustrating part of history, it's most often told by the winner.

Tom

6 kite tom
Ca Ike

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 10:24 PM »

It looks real,  if you're not paying attention.
Like so many events in history.

Denny
The irritating thing is they try to pass these off as real.  Ah well YouTube the tabloid of the internet........
indigo_wolf

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:06 AM »

The irritating thing is they try to pass these off as real.  Ah well YouTube the tabloid of the internet........

When exactly did we pass off the responsibility of what we choose to believe based on the fact it was seen/heard on the Internet?

Can't Lie On The Internet

BARNUM OST - 2 There is a sucker born every minute

A much more disturbing trend is that in the age of "social media," what used to fall into the category of "News is currently being disseminated in "tweet" format... i.e. an endless stream of updates.

In many cases the initial reports are non-factual and subsequent updates are full of corrections as wells as new "facts" which are just as likely to be corrected in short order.   All this is done so that the various "news" services can garner the most "eyeballs."

It's absolutely criminal how it impacts those involved when the news topics are of a sensitive nature.

ATB,
Sam

DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 08:45 AM »

I think a better done one was the girl who gets surprised and runs out in front of the car. My sister in law was trying to convince me it was real.
I cant count the number of times i have sent emails back to the sender with a link to snopes and the truth

Sine Metu!
Ca Ike

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 09:01 AM »

I don't dissagree there Indigo.  However those reports you use as an example are usually ended with something like "we will continue to update you as the facts and details are released" and if there is a wrong report you get told appropriately by the news agency that made the report.

I equate these fake videos to the stories made up in rags like the Enquirer or Star and find it annoying that the people that post these in large part defend them as fact until someone proves otherwise and even then there are those that will still believe them.

Its pretty bad when we have to have shows or show segments dedicated to youtube videos even on main stream news reports.  I stopped watching mythbusters when they started doing you tube "viral videos" but at least they set out to see if its plausible at all.  Now there is Tosh.0 which is nothing but youtube stuff (the .0 being the hosts IQ lol) and they never bother to check if its a fake vid or not before they use it..
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Right Anthony, but not all of these videos are meant as hoaxs. The problem with any video or document is you can take it and break it off from it's source and present it in a different light completely removed from it's original context. (Jimmy Kimmel's satirical unnecessary censorship bit is a good example) That's why I usually try to never react to viral emails of this or that including videos, quotes, political propaganda or the like until I've had a chance to investigate it myself. Too many people have dropped their own levels of skepticism to nearly criminally negligent.

I do disagree, in that I hope more shows like Mythbusters would take on these stupid videos rather than accept or glorify them like Tosh.0. (My boys used to watch it and I hope they had just gotten tired of it's sheer stupiditiy) I have always liked Mythbusters because it presents science and math in an interesting and factual light. Too much our entertainment lacks anything substantive.
indigo_wolf

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 11:40 AM »

It's Youtube...

Wikipedia describes YouTube as
"YouTube is a video-sharing website, created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005, on which users can upload, view and share videos.
Most of the content on YouTube has been uploaded by individuals, although media corporations including CBS, the BBC, VEVO, Hulu, and other organizations offer some of their material via the site, as part of the YouTube partnership program."

If you see a a video posted on Youtube by "Flyboy_1999," it seems a little questionable to assign any veracity to it.

While corporations may have a presence on Youtube, for the most part it's end-users and corporations prefer to host things on their own site.

I wouldn't call it "tabloid" as much as "primarily for entertainment purposes."

ATB,
Sam
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 12:08 PM »

There's been no decent media news since around the time that Walter Cronkite retired. 

Rant follows.....

Somehow, news now is all about watching peoples personal opinions about various 'news' of the day all presented as though it is news.  Whenever anyone is speculating about what someone else thinks or does whether it's in the past present, or future, that's not news.  News is what has already happened, just the facts, no salacious unverified theories as to why - thats where we get into 'entertainment news' which is just not news.

I think youtube is about as accurate, in general, as most anything else out there.  It's like the X-Files, trust no-one.  Or, just take it all as entertainment which it mostly is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:10 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document