GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 02:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plutz & Prism Zero G  (Read 4510 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 22, 2012, 11:28 PM »

Any report in flying between these two models....?
Thanks
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Virtually identical.  The zeroG is actually Ceewans plutz with a bit more tuning capability built in.  Prism pretty much took Ceewans kite, designed some custom fittings for it and put it into production. Which is why you didn't hear much about the Plutz for a while.  Ceewan and PRism were working on the Zero G together. I have flown the plutz 2 and zerog side by side and find no real difference.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:30 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Vigli which plutz are you referring to? There are 5 versions in total....the zero g is based off the plutz3....
The plutz1 is the best climber...the plutz2 is the best glider...
The plutz3 and zero g are great combinations of the two previous versions....

The large (6 made) are great gliders....and the mega is a scaled up plutz3...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23 PM »

Just to clarify any cloudiness....Prism did obtain permission and worked closely with Ceewan to produce the Zero G.  For the uninformed, the above posts could be interpreted to insinuate that Prism stole the design, which which is not true.

Ca Ike

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Just to clarify any cloudiness....Prism did obtain permission and worked closely with Ceewan to produce the Zero G.  For the uninformed, the above posts could be interpreted to insinuate that Prism stole the design, which which is not true.
Oops edit made Smiley
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 11:00 AM »

Vigli which plutz are you referring to? There are 5 versions in total....the zero g is based off the plutz3....

The last line in your post, regarding the "large" and the "mega" ..... are those variable for the Plutz or for the ZeroG? I like the idea of the larger versions.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
DD
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Prism just made the one size. I wonder if the parts would work on a larger size?

Sine Metu!
Ca Ike

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 01:00 PM »

The last line in your post, regarding the "large" and the "mega" ..... are those variable for the Plutz or for the ZeroG? I like the idea of the larger versions.
Ceewan mad a few large versions of the Plutz 2 and a mega version of the plutz 3 but  not too many.  I'll ask him if he is still willing to make the larger ones and if not maybe I'll add another project to my list Tongue
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 02:27 PM »

This is one of 7 large plutzs......I brought three in and they sold before I had a chance to put them on the website....thelarge was quite different than a plutz1 plutz2 or a plutz3.....

This is the mega.... there are not many of these from the first run ( there might be a new version of this one coming out soon)...framed in full skyshark p100 rods.....

This was a shot from two years ago of the last plutz order that I brought in...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 12:07 PM »

Thanks for the info!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
WestAustralian

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Never flown a Plutz, But I an lov'n the Zero-G.

An awesome Glider Kite. I highly recomend it.

WA
Ca Ike

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Never flown a Plutz, But I an lov'n the Zero-G.

An awesome Glider Kite. I highly recomend it.

WA
The Zero-G is prisms version of the Plutz and flies a lot like the Plutz 2.  Ceewan and Mark worked together on the Zero-G based mostly off Ceewan's plutz with some refinements added in by Mark
WestAustralian

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 09:47 PM »

Thanks Dude.

Ceewan and Mark have done a great Job.
Awesome Kite....

WA
portlandflyer

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 11:22 AM »

There are a couple of differences between the Plutz II and a Zero-G!
1.- Size. Zero-G is a bit larger than the II!
2.- Fittings. Prism used some nicer parts and pieces to make their kite. Very much modern!
3.- Adjustments. Two that are not on the II. Both can move the towpoint forward or back between marks that identify the max of each. But the Zero-G has a line running from the bridle to the rear of the canards, changing their attitude in flight as you pull or release the flying line!! Along with that, there is an adjustment for the canards overall tension on a fitting that moves up and down the spine!! It is very tight, but it does move!
With a little work with the adjustments, you'll find a setting that works the best for your style of gliding!! Have fun experimenting!!
PS: I preordered one of CeeWan's Megas, I like my II so much!
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 01:50 PM »

I plan on flying the Zero-G soon. Can you give some basic adjustments and their effects that dictate what the kite does with certain adjustments.

Like the tow point: Up, standard, down ...

Seen this good explanation:

Ok first off your misunderstanding how the nose adjustment affects the kite so that may be partly why you haven't found a good set up.  The nose adjustment changes the bow of the spine which changes the angle of incidence of the rear wing making the kite nose up faster or slower depending on how you set it.  It also changes the sweep angle of the canard wings some making for a bit faster speed(some affect on turn rate as well).  The line on the canard to spine only adjusts the slack angle of the canards affecting glide stability.  This latter adjustment I found should only be used If really needed to fine tune the glide path by lengthening or shortening the line to get the kite to glide true and not rock side to side. 

Now for indoor or dead calm out door going for long glides I leave the nose setting stock and set the bridle in the middle or forward.  IF the kite glides nose down shorten the center canard line some so the kite glides just slightly nose high but doesn't nose up.  IF it still noses down a bit in a glide and you have gone as short as you can on the center canard line then move the nose slider 1/16 inch toward the rear wing.  1/16 on the nose slider does a lot.  Once you get it set so it glides long, flat and lands on the center T at the end of a glide, mark it and that should be your starting point for future flights.  Fast active flight will be 1/8 to 1/2 inch from your base  tune point depending on how active you want it.

Keep in mind that variations during building at the factory as well as the flex variations from rod to rod in a particular batch will really affect the base tuning so no two kites will have the same base set up.  My two zero g's base settings are nearly 1/8 inch apart and they are from the same build run.  One spine happens to flex easier than the other.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 01:58 PM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

In my bag: Benson - Inner Space, Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless Light Mid-Vent, Transformer TL's Full Suite: (SUL, Light, Standard & Vent).
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography