GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 10:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: St. Augustine: Where to stay???  (Read 879 times)
lilabner
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: December 25, 2012, 06:40 AM »

After spending a couple days on Treasure Island, I'd like to spend the night in St. Augustine. Naturally I'd like to stay in a motel on the beach so I'll have easy access to kite flying.  Tongue Grin Tongue
Any help or recommendations  Undecided would be appreciated  Wink

Thanks Much
Ab     

Formally known as Abster
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:37 PM »

I was just in the area (I live in Denver).

I was in Brooksville, FL and went to Treasure Island every weekend for the six weeks I was there.  I saw an advert for a kite surf harness in Jacksonville and made the 6hr round trip to purchase.  While I was nearby, I went out to St Augustine to fly.

There is a Kite store there that has a pretty good selection of misc kites.  However, the kid behind the counter was not very interested or knowledgable.  Stop at the store and see what you can get out of them for info.

I went to the beach and flew for about 4 hrs.  It was lonely.  However, you can drive on the beach which was fun.  Definitely drive on the beach and fly next to your car.

As for your question...nope...no idea where to stay.  Good luck!

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Call Ocean Extreme Sports (904) 461-9415 and ask for Rob. He used to be a member of the GWTW forum "Fireball Rob" great guy and one heck of a great kite flyer as well. He should be able to tell you anything you need to know about St. Augustine.

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
lilabner
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Thanks gang  Cool
Yes, I remember "Fireball", I'm made notes, appreciate the help Kieth.
Might I add, I still appreciate Area51's too  Cheesy Wink Cheesy   

Formally known as Abster
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:49 AM »

REALLY! You still have that kite. That's great, it was a very nice flyer as I remember. Very happy you still enjoy it.

When are you going to be at TI? I'm planmng on going for the kite comp the weekend of Jan 19, 20. I'll be down there on the 18th if all goes as planed.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:54 AM by KeithG » Logged

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:40 PM »

REALLY! You still have that kite. That's great, it was a very nice flyer as I remember. Very happy you still enjoy it.

When are you going to be at TI? I'm planmng on going for the kite comp the weekend of Jan 19, 20. I'll be down there on the 18th if all goes as planed.

That's great news Keith! I've made plans for the trip as well! It'll be good to see you & fly together again! Hope the winds are good!
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45 PM »

After spending a couple days on Treasure Island, I'd like to spend the night in St. Augustine. Naturally I'd like to stay in a motel on the beach so I'll have easy access to kite flying.  Tongue Grin Tongue
Any help or recommendations  Undecided would be appreciated  Wink

Thanks Much
Ab     

Realizing you've already been there and gone by now ...if you ever go back to St. Augustine! O'Steen's Restaurant http://www.osteensrestaurant.com/ is a must visit! They have THE ABSOLUTE BEST fried shrimp on the Planet! That is a promise! Their 'hush puppies' are great too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document