GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frame details of Le Quartz  (Read 925 times)
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 26, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Hi,

I haven't been able to find the folliwing info about the frame of the Le Quartz kite:

1. What is the distance from the nose at which the central-T be placed?
2. At which distances are the inner and outer stand-off connectors placed from the central-T?
3. For the central-T I don't really understand which type of garden hose they suggest because I have found none that are 6mm internal diameter... So I am planning on placing C connectors above and below the central-T to hold it in place. Would that work?

I would appreciate some help since I'm in the final building steps 

Cheers.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:07 PM »

I'm in the final building steps 

Ara,
Can't help with your questions, but I looking forward to your finished kite.  Grin
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Center T from nose can be figured on the kite... Place the spine in the sail and mark where the center T opening hits the spine.  C clips will work fine, jus leave a space big enough for the bridle to fit between the t piece and the c clip.

As for standoff connector placement, this can also be figured when assembling the kite.  When assembled, the standoffish should be 90 degrees to the lower spreader. 
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Ok, thanks.

But the T opening is quite long. Are we safe if we say that the position for the central T is that in which it naturally falls when everything is set up? Or should the T be forced a little further up or down to somehow "bend" the LSs?

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
sugarbaker

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 10:44 AM »

I would shoot for the center of the cutout... Some bend in the lower spreaders is good, I would shoot for this in order to keep tension on the sail and leading edge connectors (so the spreaders are less prone to popping out.)
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Great! Got it.
Tomorrow I'll have finished the bridle and then I'll be able to go out, take some pictures to show you the kite and hopefuly do the maiden flight!
I'm so nervous...   Huh

In my bag...
sugarbaker

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30 AM »

I'm sure it will be wonderful.  It exciting to pilot your first sport kite build.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Ah! The last question that I now have...

How much weight should I put on the bottom tip of the spine?

The instructions are not too clear, but I seem to understand that it should be 10grams.

Is that correct?

Thanks

In my bag...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum