GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 05:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Community Scrapbook for Charlie Sotich’s 80th Birthday  (Read 731 times)
purplekites
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 30, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Charlie Sotich’s 80th birthday is on January 21, 2013.  You are invited to help create a scrapbook just for Charlie. Submit one or more pages on US Letter or A4 sized paper and mail to me (address below). The pages must ARRIVE at my house by January 15, 2013.  All pages will be bound together in the scrapbook and then mailed to Charlie.

Have fun with your pages! Pictures new and old, crayon drawings, stickers, fur kite shapes, glitter, a poem, or just say hello -- whatever you want to do. Feel free to use different types of paper, be it fancy scrapbook paper, kids craft paper, or a cut-up paper bag.  It’s your page(s) to Charlie, be creative! Don’t forget to put your name on every page so Charlie knows who did it.

The final scrapbook with be left-hand bound as a landscape oriented flip book, so leave 1 inch (2.5 cm) along the appropriate short side of each page for binding. And remember, you can do both sides of the page.

Mail pages to:
Susie Jo Skinner
2381 Nobili Ave
Santa Clara, CA, USA  95051

Remember they must arrive by January 15th so plan your time accordingly. If you include a note with your email address on it and I will let you know it arrived at my house.

Please help spread the word about this project to others who may be interested, Charlie has many friends around the world and we need to get the word out quickly!

Thanks
Susie Jo Skinner
Charlie’s Apprentice Forever!
purplekites

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:38 PM »

I've heard from lots of people who are busily working away on pages for the scrapbook. For international participants sending their pages by Airmail I would strongly recommend mailing first thing Monday morning (Jan 7). Airmail on average takes 5 days but .... it could be a few days more so mail soon. For domestic US participants, the sooner the better but I would not recommend sending by first class any later than Thursday. There is also a three day US Priority Mail options for around $5.00. After that the prices start getting more expensive for one and two day delivery options. So I'm hoping people are making lots of progress this week-end and will have their pages in the mail asap.

SusieJo
purplekites

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 06:38 PM »

A very big THANK YOU to everyone who participated.  If you would like to see the pictures of Charlie receiving the scrapbook and pictures of each page they are available here in the Miniature Kite Guild Gallery

Thanks once again
SusieJo Skinner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document