GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 10:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Movie Thread  (Read 1533 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: January 02, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Well, the New Music thread was quite rewarding.

Shall we try this with movies?

Please avoid the mega-hits (Batman, Avatar, etc).

My vote:

Temple Grandin  (trailer)
Temple Grandin (Trailer)

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:21 PM »

My vote:

Temple Grandin 

Great choice

Loved by both my wife (who had never hear of Temple Grandin) and myself who followed her amazing carreir for years. (check out some interviews on NPR.org)

My choice

MEMENTO
 "A man, loses his memory everytime he fall asleep so he uses tattoos to remeber in his hunt for the man who killed his wife"

The kicker is the movie is told backwards so you like the main charater have no memory of the past and have to put every new experience/scene in context of your limited perpective.

zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Temple Grandin

IMDB:- A biopic of Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who has become one of the top scientists in the humane livestock handling industry.

It is possible to be unnecessarily obscure and awkward you know  Wink

If you've never watched Brazil then you've wasted a lot of time.
And I highly recommend Funny Bones in the face of many apparent reasons not to.

These two arm wrestle for the title of My Favourite Film.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 05:33 PM »

all time favotite Sci-Fi
Blade Runner Original Trailer

also like Rutger in Hobo with a Shotgun. Violent but well done

have fun kurt
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 07:22 PM »

Just for pure enjoyment- Animal House.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Blood Simple and Fargo in that order.

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
ko

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 08:54 PM »

Fargo is GREAT!! Killing them Softly with Pit well lets just say,put an Arm in there.. This Movie sucks so badly I couldnt $@#%$#%$# believe it I wanted to leave but I just kept hoping against hope that it would pick up. IT DID NOT. Did I mention that this movie %%$#$$#%!!!  anyway I just dont want anybody to waste there $

have fun kurt
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Damn Jim, I had no idea that you had such a dark sense of humor!  Smiley   These are also 2 of my favorites.  The bullet hole scene in Blood Simple defines suspense and cinematic tension.

I'm also a Tarantino fan (Reservoir Dogs is about prefect if only it had a kite or 2).

Tom

6 kite tom
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Damn Jim, I had no idea that you had such a dark sense of humor!  Smiley   These are also 2 of my favorites.  The bullet hole scene in Blood Simple defines suspense and cinematic tension.

I'm also a Tarantino fan (Reservoir Dogs is about prefect if only it had a kite or 2).

Tom

Three of my favorites. Jim I'm with you. Blood Simple before Fargo.  Grin
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 10:43 PM »

Tom

I just happened to see Reservoir Dogs again about a week ago on the Ipad.  !t reminded me of the scene in Fargo where Steve's foot is sticking out of the wood chipper.  Pretty much leaves me rolling in the aisles with laughter. Another great Tarantino movie that I saw at the beach after Christmas is DJango........If you haven't seen it, I certainly recommend it.  To me it was a cross between  Blazing Saddles, a spagetti western and the three stooges.
Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 07:02 AM »

Take Me Home - Indie flick.... an unlicensed taxi driver is asked to drive across the country to take an estranged daughter to see her father.  Real life husband and wife Sam and Amber Jaeger star.

RED (Retired, Extremely Dangerous) - Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren as retired CIA operatives.

Shadowboxer - Helen Mirren's earlier, darker role as a female assassin of a certain age

Cat Run - Janet McTeer's take on the female assassion of a certain age... she plays it deliciously dry

Red Dog - always a sucker for a good pooch story.... bring Kleenex for the sad bits.

Equilibrium - Lesser known Christian Bale flick about a dystopian socieity set in the near future.

The Heir Apparent: Largo Winch - Very underrated action/adventure

Black Lightning - Russian with sub-titles... a strange mix of Spiderman and Disney's Herbie franchise

Red Eagle - still waiting for a US source for this.... movie reboot of a 1960s Thai TV series

Morning Glory - a sleeper of a movie with an ensemble cast featuring Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, Diane Keaton, and Jeff Goldblum

Solomon Kane - Another dollop of sword and sorcery from R.E. Howard's lesser known anti-hero

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:44 AM by indigo_wolf » Logged
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 07:03 AM »

Griff The Invisible - Quirky tale of a would be hero

Boy Wonder - A much darker version of the tragedy to hero story

Wild Target - Bill Nighy as an assassin with a heart....awesome.

Heartbreaker - Alex and his sister run a business designed to break up relationships.

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night - Paranormal investigator Dylan Dog unearths secrets about the undead in New Orleans with the help of his sidekick, zombie Marcus.

Five Star Day - Jake Gibson's (Cam Gigandet) horoscope forecasts a perfect day the morning of his birthday. Instead his world is turned upside down as all that could go wrong...does.

Fast Girls - Competitors since youth, Shania Andrews and Lisa Temple both develop into elite sprinters and eventually qualify for the British 4x100 relay team.  "Bend It Like Beckham" on the track.

Graduation - To raise money for a family member in need, four high school friends plan what they think is the perfect bank robbery.

Fighter - Aicha, a high-school student, is a passionate kung fu fighter. Her Turkish parents expect her to get good grades so she can get into medical school, like her brother Ali. But school doesn't inspire her. Defying her family, Aicha starts secretly training at a professional, co-ed kung fu club.

Insomnia is a terrible thing to waste.....

ATB,
Sam
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:42 AM by indigo_wolf » Logged
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 09:21 AM »

Fine: Chew on these then  Angry

Cockneys vs Zombies - it can be accused of many things but it doesn't mess about with delivering what the title promises.

Old Dogs - surprisingly watchable, actually funny.

The Big Year - the one I most recently watched. Big box office cast, cost $41M, returned $7M.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30 PM »

My vote goes for a classic from 1996 called RACE THE SUN!

race the sun
ko

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Cannot forget Vampires LOL
From Dusk Till Dawn (trailer)

have fun kurt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document