GWTW Forum
September 16, 2014, 08:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner... Aura?  (Read 4015 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« on: January 02, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Well, from all the honest feedback and comments about the Solus line, I've learned a lot from Jon and you guys espically about what people like in a kite, and what makes a kite perform a certain way. Which is why I'm pleased to announce the latest ongoing project between Jon Trennepohl and myself!

Skyburner Aura

A new 4 oz. indoor/outdoor trickster. Light wind tricking without sacrificing tracking!

Coming soon? Tell us if you'd be interested!
The new Aura from skyburner kites.

Specs-
Height- 30 inches (tail to nose)
Weight- 4 ounces
Wingspan- 76 inches
Wind Range- indoor to 8mph
Turbo Bridle

Frame-
Lower Spreaders- Skyshark ZERO air
Spine- Skyshark 2pt
Upper Spreader- 4mm carbon
Stand-offs- 8.0 carbon
APA-T Fittings

Well, what's in the Leading edges? .... Keep your eyes pealed. Something's on the horizon Wink

Designed by Devin Cobleigh Morrison and Jon Trennepohl.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:32 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Looks like fun!  and it passes the JL test. 

4oz, that's no messing around.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:54 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
trigger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05 PM »

Lots of interest here!  Been looking at the ocius to replace my 4d.  Would love to take a test drive on this sometime.  Big ? When will the colorizer be up?  Tongue

White is good too  Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:08 PM by trigger » Logged
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:24 PM »

looks fun.  I'd be interested.
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:24 PM »

Very nice Devin.

Particularly the balanced stall in the side slides.

Are the Adjustable standoffs just for testing purposes or are they a design "feature"?

Again, very nice.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35 PM »

Looks great! Colors is perfect for an ultralight. I am interested.
Hope you decide to make some.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Looks like a winner
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 11:08 PM »

Excellent! Looks like the option many have been waiting for!
 Smiley

However, I wonder how it would look like in my hands...   Embarrassed
Of course the demo pilot is a "beast" and my flying bears absolutely no resemblance to his flying...  Sad

In any case I'd be willing to try... & learn.  Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 11:42 PM »

So is the Aura a 90% resize of the Ocius SUL with maybe a tweak or 2?

Good luck with your new kite.

I really liked the Solus.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 07:10 AM »

Hey guys,
Thanks for the interest, and comments. If anyone has any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Jim B- The standoffs will be set in that specific location. Those are just some adjustment holes we blew in the trailing edge for some testing

Ara- Thanks for the kind works, but this kite really isn't an 'advanced' model. It'll fly figures easily, do stalls/basic tricks easily. It'll trick in light winds, yes, but it also does power up well and tracks well. Stable flyer.

Chilese- Not even close Smiley haha. Completely different. That kite is a totally different, slower, bigger bird. The Aura is a completely different design thats geared to do pitch based tricks easier. We had an 'indoor kite' in mind, but the guys at the school behind the parking lot wouldn't let us into the gym even though nobody was in it for the video..

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30 AM »

This kite really isn't an 'advanced' model. It'll fly figures easily, do stalls/basic tricks easily. It'll trick in light winds, yes, but it also does power up well and tracks well. Stable flyer.

That is the type of kite that matches my skills.

Chilese- Not even close Smiley haha. Completely different. That kite is a totally different, slower, bigger bird.

Big and slow would never be words I would use for the Ocius.  Cheesy   I guess it is all relative.  Roll Eyes
The Ocuis SUL is a great trick kite, but does not match my flying style or skills. Looking forward to your new design. Grin

The Aura is a completely different design thats geared to do pitch based tricks easier. We had an 'indoor kite' in mind,

Great idea, I find pitch tricks hardest to do on SUL.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Nice!

Looks like a fine replacement in the lineup for the nice, but very old skool, Nik Nak.

Allen, AKA kitehead
alleykat
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Need one sent to me for demo   Grin Cheesy

Alleykat
Field of Strings
Darkside Newbie
PAW
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 01:26 PM »

Looking goooooood....seems to be as capable like the Sissy...good work and nice flying  :-)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 01:41 PM »

Just got back from the Kite Store... I want one  Cry Cry Cry Cry  Hopefully, I can get one next week...  Wink Wink  The kie is lighter than anything I have felt.  If you own a I Nak...then you might have an idea.  When you pick the kite up ..it's a shock how light it is... Ocius Sul is light but not like this.... Bring on the dead air days...

p.s.-Didn't see the little Creep -O attempt any AVFFF's Huh   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Do four in a row with the new kite Creep-O ...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document