GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 09:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner... Aura?  (Read 3935 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30 PM »

K next, time I do a videos I'll do some, JUST for you.   Kiss

Wayner, sorry about that I wasn't referring to the Ocius SUL as 'slow.' It's certainly the slowest of the line, and this kite, in the same winds CAN be faster, given the setting you have on the bridle. We'll keep everyone posted!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30 PM »

We just finished getting the yoyo stops in the right place,etc today as well. Next time I'm home (spring break, maybe) I'll try to get some yoyo video for you guys. This kite loves to two-pop.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
ru4camping
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Save one for me!!!
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:02 AM »

Hey Dev ,  Weather is changing and my cold is almost gone. (btw Thanks for the cold)..  Sad Sad Sad  Snow is beginning to deminish and blue sky and sunshine...  Huh Huh Huh  Sunlight was gone at 5:50... So by 5:50pm all Kites need to be in Bag  Sad Sad Sad .... Another couple weeks and more sun light and better wind.  Tongue Tongue Tongue

My buddy in northen Michigan about 2 hrs. away has had NO Snow all year... So strange.  The Ski Resorts are all up in Northen Michigan..No Snow bad for business...

Going to kite store to pick up my new Widow Maker Ul...   Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue  Changed the Yellow,Gray,Black pattern...

Also to beg,gravel,cry, ( Maybe if needed set myself on fire in front of the store)..   have Jon start my "Aura"...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Any more news or pics in regards to aura?
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 11:27 AM »

I can't wait to hear more, too. Love the idea of this kite- just think of the possibilities!

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
adx1592

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Hey guys,
Sorry everythings been so out of touch. For those who don't know my background, I go to music school in Chicago and put down the lines when school is in session to focus, so it's hard to communicate and be inconstant development with things when schools around, including the distance between myself and where Jon and Marieanne are in Michigan. There are some graphics that have been placed on a board sofar, and some protos will be made. I'm going to try to send my kite back to Jon so the measurements are ok so when he brings them to KP11 there will at least be SOMETHING but I will not have flown it to confirm. Jon as all the measurements on paper though and I know he'll be super close if not right on the money as he always is with the rest of the skyburner line. The biggest thing that's different between this kite and the Solus is accessibility. I know a lot of flyers are usually pretty black or white on the solus and thats all good, but this one is most certainly going to be able to be for a wider audience of flyers, no question about that. This kite isn't NEARLY as demanding to specificity of inputs, balance, etc. I'm going to go home for spring break and dial them in with Jon but it will be AFTER kite party. Ill keep this updated when all this happens and for those who go, please send me feedback on the kite if you'd like. Good, bad, etc. Anything is useful. Thanks guys and thanks for any interest! I'll try to get some video come spring break as well. Until then... grad school auditions, and 14 concerts before march 12. Off to Cincinnati Conservatory for an audition for Mr. Randy Garder friday night!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 06:43 AM »

Thanks for the update.

Hey guys,
Sorry everythings been so out of touch. For those who don't know my background, I go to music school in Chicago and put down the lines when school is in session to focus

I feel your pain.

Until then... grad school auditions, and 14 concerts before march 12. Off to Cincinnati Conservatory for an audition for Mr. Randy Garder friday night!

Good luck.  Smiley
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Thanks for the update!  Don't give a second thought to keeping us posted... Your school and music demands your attention.  I too have a degree in music and remember that even my family wondered what had become of me at certain points in my senior year.  Just find a few minutes in the madness to get a kite in the air so you can preserve you sanity. 
vertigo2u

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 03:01 PM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

What a lot of people don't know is... You'll be the only Master's Degree in Music employee at the kite store.   In between playing on the streets of Pymouth Mi during Christmas.... Undecided Undecided Undecided you'll be cleaning the kite  shop.  No 401k.. Lips sealed :-XNo vacation Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed,No over-time Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed,No lunch break Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed, one ten minute smoke break  Tongue Tongue(unless you don't smoke  Cool Cool 8)and you don't so forget that break also Embarrassed).  Besides all that...I could not believe watching you fly that kite...  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh You do AVFFF's four in a row with a 4 oz kite  Outside and inside... We might consider you back on the circut.   Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 03:37 PM »

Speaking of Skyburner prototypes... what happened to the 10 footer from last year's Kite Party ? At first, before I read this, that's what I was hoping this post was about. Sorry to digress from the Aura, which also sounds like a kite I'd like to try. But talk of a 10 foot trickable kite really gets my blood pumping.  Undecided

vertigo2u

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 03:54 PM »

I flew it at Christmas time.  It's a monster.  Fun to trick.  Call Jon he'd send it to yu to play with .... Devin made it dance.

adx1592

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2013, 08:17 PM »

AHH Ok, so the audition went pretty well!
Played all of the mozart 2nd horn concerto with no rests (which is good, he didnt have anything to say), then for those who know orchestral music, the 1st horn calls in Beethoven 7, 2nd horn variation 6 in Brahms' Variations on a theme from Haydn, and all of the Mahler 5 Horn Obligato from the scherzo movement. And amongst talking to the teacher I ended up making him laugh so hard he almost cried (which is odd, I wasn't trying to be funny haha) so thats a good thing!. We hadn't seen eachother for a while and I hadn't played for him in a few years so it was nice to catch up.

So I'm going to be back forsure on spring break and am going to tie up loose ends with the aura. Joe, its crunch time. Looks like some simple graphics might come into play (to keep the price down, as cutting a giant piece of 1 color material and get pricy if its not done right) and some more. As always I will personally post videos and pics. If it gets to be too much, I can just send to those who are interested individually. 1 more actual audition and a buttload of concerts and I'm home free for like.. 4 days but hey I'll take it!

I'll keep updating as I know more. The big 2 auditions are out of the way and my backup school is too, and my third choice is on march 2nd so I'll be able to actually read more and post more for a bit.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Speaking of Skyburner prototypes... what happened to the 10 footer from last year's Kite Party ? At first, before I read this, that's what I was hoping this post was about. Sorry to digress from the Aura, which also sounds like a kite I'd like to try. But talk of a 10 foot trickable kite really gets my blood pumping.  Undecided

Rob, the "SXL" is basically something thats kind of on the fence of production from what I understand. I'd send Jon and email as ask, it wouldn't hurt.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Wayner
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2013, 08:50 PM »

AHH Ok, so the audition went pretty well!

Grin

Maybe one day you can put one of you preformances to your flying videos.  Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document