GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 12:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fred and Darlene Fredricks...Where are the today?  (Read 927 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 02, 2009, 02:07 PM »

What started my life long passion for sport kites....I gotta put the blame on Kathy Goodwind, Fred and Darlene Fredricks. First I guess I gotta blame our Kathy Goodwind for selling me and my young son and daughter two Trilby kites. T
In no time...we were back at Goodwinds and picked up two more kites...made by the original WINDTOYS...(at that time lovingly hand made by Darlene and Fred Fredricks in Calif.
Who can forget those great flyin' little Cheeta's and Super Cheeta's.
Here is a couple of shots from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when my kids were in grade school.

attached photo...is Son Ryan after flying his first kite event at Lincoln City where he entered a beginner event and although he didn't win anything....just like little Johnny Barresi  of www.kitelife.com (who at that time were about the same age these photos were taken.

I guess both Ryan and I were already hooked on kite flying quite a few years when he was much younger.
The last photo is a beautiful old returned single line kite that I bought from Kathy when Ryan was even younger.

Families that fly kites together...seem to stay together....It must be a bonding thang' thing?
My life long friend and co-worker, The late Paul Dehope...always proclaimed to me...when he was near the end of his all too young exit from this world...often reminded me when I wasn't having a fun day at the windtunnel. "Don..Chill!!! Only n' hour left to work...lets go down to Aerospace Center and fly our kites. You know "WE ALWAYS FEEL BETTER WHEN LOOKING UP INTO THE SKY FLYIN KITES?"
Paul was right!!
Nothing is more relaxing that to take a beautiful sportkite up in the air...put on your head sets to a favorite song...and dance that kite, between the earth n' sky...where the angels fly! N' all that jazz.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:28 PM by Sketch » Logged
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 02:35 PM »

Here is the last FLYING SHOTthat I took of the late Paul Dehope and the love of his life...Melinda, practicing their choro duo routine.
Although it will be datin' yerself'...

Does anyone have photos from those days showing either Paul or Melinda flying their routines?
My wife and I really miss Paul and Melinda.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum