GWTW Forum
August 04, 2015, 02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: email the Forum Admin: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth Sense UL Repair  (Read 914 times)
Yorkie
Trade Count: (0)

« on: March 11, 2015, 08:02 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but I've just been given a beaten up Sixth Sense UL which I'm keen to rebuild and you people obviously know a great deal about the kite.  Like others recently, I've found that the plans have now disappeared from the original site, so if anyone could provide me with a copy of them I'd be extremely grateful.

Basically, I've repaired the sail but the upper and lower spreaders are missing, so I most need the lengths and positions of these (the LE fittings were in different places on each wing, with several glue marks where clips have been, so it's impossible to judge where the "right" places for the fittings should be).  The bridle also looks like it's been tweaked once or twice, so I'd like to start again using its original design dimensions, if possible.

Thanks for the help I've already had just reading through the other posts!
etully
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 03:45 AM »

Dimensions for the UL are the same as the standard, but you must compensate for the differences in the sizes of the APA fittings (APA vs TAPA) to get their locations along the LE correct.  I just sent an email with what build info I have.  As for framing, the Sixth Sense link still has the various framing options listed:  http://stuntkitepalermo.blogspot.it/2012/03/il-sixth-sense-nasce-dallesigenza-di.html
Yorkie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:31 AM »

Thanks very much for your swift reply and information - I should be able to finish the kite off tonight as I've already got P100 and 5mm tubes for the spreaders in stock.  Measurement of the sail against the plans has revealed that the builder made an error with the LE tape on the left wing, and the cutouts are much too low to get the fittings where they should be (which maybe why there are several glue marks on the LEs, as he tried to get rid of the distortion in the sail which would have resulted?).

I live in an area of Northern England where the winds are normally perfect for flying a UL, but the current forecast is for a couple of weeks of blustery weather so it may be a while before before I can actually try it out, unfortunately  Sad
etully
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:49 AM »

It is a great kite, I fly mine all of the time.   
mr wojtas

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:01 AM »

i really love my SS's(6 in total Wink) I did tweack my ul a bit, a shorter bridle(5%) and some weight in the leading edge in the endcaps. Further, when building a kite there always seem to be the wrong kind of wind. With a std theres no wind and with a (s)ul theres to much........something with Murphy's law?  Other than that happy flying and show some pics when its ready
Yorkie

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 04:20 PM »

Your'e right about the wind never being right, mr wojtas!  But I've found the UL to be such a good flyer that I've started to build a std for when the wind is stonger.  I've got all the materials, and the cardboard templates are ready (thanks again for the plans, etully!), now I just need to get cutting and sewing (when time allows).  Pics will follow in due course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum