GWTW Forum
October 21, 2014, 11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6th Senses Finally Finished!  (Read 3067 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: January 06, 2013, 02:01 PM »

We'll it took awhile from the time I started them but I finally finished (almost) the 2 6th Sense Stunt kites I was building!

A BIG BIG thanks goes out to the Dave of 'Kite D.E.sign' for making this project possible! I still have to attach a couple yo-yo stoppers & make the bridles before it's ready to fly, hopefully by tomorrow. I just couldn't wait to post a couple photos of the 'finished' kites while I had a bright sunny day to take photos!

Dave, I hope you like the final product!

Also ...a few close-ups can be seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/62683296@N00/sets/72157632456519642/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:34 PM by photogbill » Logged
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:15 PM »

Beautiful photogbill!!!!
Well done!  Cheesy

They look impressive and I'm sure they will fly alike.

I have just finished building my first dual line so I can really understand your feelings at this point and the need to share the images with us!
Now you need to finish off the details, record a video and post it for us to see them fly!
Cheers!!!!

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
photogbill

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Thanks Ara! I appreciate the compliment on the build! I was real happy with the final looks of both kites! They exceeded my own expectations! The red rub patch & spine re-enfrocement on the one kite was an after-thought that I had while building it, since I had red Dacron available for it. I felt that it went well with the color combo of the kite. I thought about using red for the leading edge but felt it would be too much so I stuck with the mylar-coated Dacron material I had! That stuff is a little hard to sew evenly because of the slipperiness of the material but it looks good & is a little more durable than non-coated Dacron.

Check out my other new thread on how I construct my kite noses if you like!
coogee

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Great job, the kites look good and the build is very good. Now the best part flying your own kite...
 Mike
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:26 PM »

Very nice.

Looking forward to some aerial shots.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:56 AM »

looking good!
photogbill

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Thanks for all the nice comments! I was not able to do a 1st test flight today! I'm hoping on doing so tomorrow. I also plan on having my 6th Sense down @ Treasure Island for the TISKC weekend if anyone would like to try it out!
photogbill

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:07 PM »

Very nice.

Looking forward to some aerial shots.  Smiley

John! Just Because you asked!  Grin

I gave my 6th Sense it's 1st maiden test flight today & I have to say ....VERY ENTHUSIASTICALLY ...that it flew every bit as great as it looks! I can't thank the designer Dave of 'Kite D.E.sign' enough for graciously sharing his kite-building plans! I usually prefer a 7' kite but this 8 footer is an amazing flier! It takes a little bit larger inputs then my Manga (< my former favorite kite  Grin) on some tricks but nothing drastic & it was easy to adjust my inputs. I made it as an UL with P100s and 3PT spreaders (actually 3PT Black Diamonds) but the winds were more in the medium, as opposed to light, wind range when I started flying. The kite has a pretty light pull, especially for a full-sized sail

Performance: It does Razor sharp precision corners without sacrificing in the tricks dept.....at least the ones I can do. I haven't gotten it to do a yo-fade yet in my limited time with it though! My favorite trick > jacob's ladders ... are simply rock solid & BEAUTIFUL! I was able to do beautiful JLs 5 foot off the ground like if the nose was nailed in place! It rolls up fairly easy and loves to be in a not overly deep 'turtle'. It also flies very steady when rolled up!

As you might have guessed by now ! I really ...REALLY love this kite! AS is my preference in women ...she's not JUST a pretty face!  Grin

Sorry for gushing ....wait ...NO I'm NOT! Once again, thanks Dave!

I'd HIGHLY recommend this kite to anyone considering a kite-build project! I was thinking about building Dave's new kite the Baxtard SS-I when the plans are available but I may just build another one of these instead first! I wonder if Dave or anyone else can tell me the advantages ...if any ...of framing it in the 'Pro' framing with ALL 3PTs. I'd like to build another one but use that framing ...maybe even trying to get it down to a SUL 'Ghost' version.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57 PM »

I love that purple scheme.  Great job.
Ara Ararauna

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 01:57 AM »

Great pics!
Congratulations on the maiden flight.
Now we want a video.

One question though, if you already have two why would you want a third?
So many nice open designs out there...   Smiley

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Daves1980

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:43 AM »

Thanks you very much! I'm very happy you like my project and the colors schemes of your kites are awesome. I hope to see a video soon. Smiley

Best regards.

Davide Equizzi
photogbill

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:07 PM »

I love that purple scheme.  Great job.

Thanks Ike!
photogbill

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:33 PM »

Thanks you very much! I'm very happy you like my project and the colors schemes of your kites are awesome. I hope to see a video soon. Smiley

Best regards.

Thanks for the compliment on my color schemes. I was pretty pleased with the way they turned out as well but the best part was how they fly. I'm looking forward to lots of good flying times with my 6th Sense! I'll see what I can do about a video but I'm not a masters level flyer.
photogbill

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Great pics!
Congratulations on the maiden flight.
Now we want a video.

One question though, if you already have two why would you want a third?
So many nice open designs out there...   Smiley

I built two but only one was for me! My best flying buddy will be the recipient of the yellow, gold, & red one! And your right about nice designs out there. I built a few L'Organics a few years back but wasn't as happy with the way they flew compared to the 6th Sense! I'm also thinking about building a 'Magnet' or two some time in the future as well.
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 10:34 PM »

You might also consider an invictus.  I really like my UL that I built.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change