GWTW Forum
November 24, 2014, 01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6th Senses Finally Finished!  (Read 3421 times)
photogbill
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 12:11 PM »

You might also consider an invictus.  I really like my UL that I built.

You may have talked me into building an Invictus first ...before I build another 6th Sense. I'd appreciate it if you could share any of your observations about the differences in size & flight characteristics between it and the 6th Sense? Looking at the specs on the Invictus, it appears to have a slightly longer wing span (tip to tip) by a few inches & like the aspect ration is higher. Are my observations right?

You already motivated me to play with some different color combinations and I came of with one of these two for the build if/when I build one!

I'd welcome anyone's views on which one they like the best. There isn't much difference between the two. I'm still trying to decide.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 12:30 PM »

I've got both:

The Invictus and Sixth Sense are two completely different kites (I'm talking about the STD-versions).
The size is the same(ish).

Invictus:
 - real trickkite (but large)
 - fast cometes
 - good and fast yoyo's
 - not so good precision
 - less pull

Sixth Sense:
 - slow kite
 - good precision
 - slow and reliable in the tricks
 - not a real trickmonster

Maybe my two movies will show something from the above:
Invictus: https://vimeo.com/53283067
Sixth Sense: https://vimeo.com/45235328

Krijn
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 12:56 PM »

ok, can you compare these to Hugo?  Smiley

Sorry - anxious for details on that guy.

6 kite tom
photogbill

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 01:57 PM »

I've got both:

The Invictus and Sixth Sense are two completely different kites (I'm talking about the STD-versions).
The size is the same(ish).

Invictus:
 - real trickkite (but large)
 - fast cometes
 - good and fast yoyo's
 - not so good precision
 - less pull

Sixth Sense:
 - slow kite
 - good precision
 - slow and reliable in the tricks
 - not a real trickmonster

Maybe my two movies will show something from the above:
Invictus: https://vimeo.com/53283067
Sixth Sense: https://vimeo.com/45235328

Krijn

Real nice photo of your 6th & Invictus together! Thanks for the info, comparisons, & videos! That settles things for me. I'm going to go ahead and start on an Invictus right away!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 05:02 PM »

ok, can you compare these to Hugo?  Smiley

Sorry - anxious for details on that guy.
No comparison.  THe Hugo is knife edge precise both in flight and tricks with a moderate speed.  Now if Denny would have looked the other way just a bit longer when he let me try his .........Tongue Tongue
Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 03:08 AM »

You might also consider an invictus.  I really like my UL that I built.

You may have talked me into building an Invictus first ...before I build another 6th Sense. I'd appreciate it if you could share any of your observations about the differences in size & flight characteristics between it and the 6th Sense? Looking at the specs on the Invictus, it appears to have a slightly longer wing span (tip to tip) by a few inches & like the aspect ration is higher. Are my observations right?

You already motivated me to play with some different color combinations and I came of with one of these two for the build if/when I build one!

I'd welcome anyone's views on which one they like the best. There isn't much difference between the two. I'm still trying to decide.

Very nice.
I like the top one better!  Smiley

But stop it you all! I have not yet flown well my new LeQuartz and you are already making me start to think on building an Invictus!
This is madness...  #%@!&#@%   Shocked   Huh   Lips sealed

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 04:53 AM »

oh yes, top one for me too
photogbill

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 08:21 AM »

oh yes, top one for me too

Thanks Ara & Krljn! I was in a hurry to get a start on the Invictus and I had decided on the same color combo as the two of you! Great minds think alike, eh!?  Cheesy
pdmtktr

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49 AM »

I enjoyed flying that kite,at Treasure Island,thanks again Bill.            Brian C Seene Grin
photogbill

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 02:14 PM »

I enjoyed flying that kite,at Treasure Island,thanks again Bill.            Brian C Seene Grin

My pleasure Brian! I'm glad you liked the way it flew & it was nice meeting you and Stu! I figured out why the 'other' 6th Sense wasn't flying the same. I must have been in a big hurry when I attached the bridle to the kite before shipping it down south before trip. I caught the problem after you guys left TI and fixed it. All the connecting points were done wrong. Once I fixed that problem, the kite flew much ....much better and I was relieved of that! I didn't get a chance to compare the 2 6th Senses to each other in a good wind but I suspect they fly pretty identically now!
stucm89

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 06:06 PM »

I enjoyed flying both of these kites last weekend at the Treasure Island kite festival in Florida. Both are capable kites but I lean slightly more towards the Invictus. Wish my builds were up to your quality. Also glad you figured out what was off on the other build, remember what I said about bridles giving me a harder time than building a kite? The bridle is the "brains" of the kite. I worry more about getting it right than I do about building a kite to begin with. Especially if it is a prototype where I don't have anything to go by. Hope I get to fly them again sometime.....
Stu
www.youtube.com/stucm89
www.wackos.org
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum