Can someone give the FYI on this blast from the past...

Pages: (1/3) > >>

whitebirdlover:

A neighbor found this in an ally...
I traded him a nip TOTL triplane which I think his son will get a kick out of...
Looks like new with no sighs of wear and tear, what can you tell be about it?

tcope:

That it will probably need a 10mph wind to fly and even then it's not a great flier.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

thief:

Spectra Sport made a WIDE range of kites.....this is one of the low end beginner models....probably came with a pair of plastic wind-the-line-on handles that was ready to go with twisted nylon......
My old shop sold thousands of the thing in our time.....and it will fly just fine as tcope said if there is about 10mph...
fly it if you want....tweak it into a single line.....bridle it into a quad line....it is kite that will fly...have some fun with it! just do not expect a whole lot of performance.....

whitebirdlover:

Quote from: tcope on January 07, 2013, 10:57 AM
--
That it will probably need a 10 mph wind to fly and even then it's not a great flier.

--

Yeah, I figured it needed a good breeze to get going. The construction is a little primitive with surged seams on the backside. I'm going to take it out on the frozen tundra this afternoon, the winds are around 12 mph so it should at least get off the ground. Thanks for the feedback...

@Thief, it did still have the handles with twisted line attached. And, it has a three point bridle, I'm not sure what a quad line bridle would be. All the existing bridle lines are single lines. Dooh, I get it  ;D  Brain freeze  :D

Wasn't expecting a lot here, kids will enjoy it this summer  :)

thief:

I have seen some innovative things come out of production kite skins like these.....
We had a kite flier up here in Massachusetts who went down to GoFlyAKite in Connecticut before they closed and he picked up some skins for 7' dual line kites.....he then had a blast with coming up with framing options and bridling options for it....just gave him a skin that was already sewn and that is a step for some people....
I think it was ceewan who took a smaller dual line skin like this and made it into a gliding kite as well...

Pages: (1/3) > >>