GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 09:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby It's Cold Outside  (Read 3088 times)
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 08:53 AM »

No comparison to some of you but cold for here, 24 right now and dropped below 20 in some areas. Gate was frozen shut (fixed now) but lost water pressure while fixing that so out to the pump house for me, luckily I got the coffee brewed before it froze.

Update: the control box now resides in a custom fit 2" thick Styrofoam box, hopefully no more showerless mornings  Wink 

Many thanks to my Dad who brought me up as a fix-it yourself type of guy, the house heater died Friday morning too, we would've had icicles in the house this morning but a minimal knowledge of electricity tracked that problem down. Of course  to make matters unbelievable when the temps are forcast to be 20* Williams Furnace won't sell repair parts for their furnaces older then 9 years old. But again with access to the right equipment I built the needed parts myself. Of course when a replacement furnace is needed it won't come from Williams Comfort Products ... Dinks, the thing is all brand new, having already replaced the heating elements and solenoids with the new parts and adding additional safety fuses and properly spec'ed wire size where I found wiring that had been overloaded in their original design, heck their current models still don't have that fixed   

« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:05 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Anyhow, it's all to say, everything is relative!  Smiley

One mans -10 is another mans 35.  Smiley

During the high of summer our LOW in Las Vegas was 90F. So arriving at the park at 8 am it was 95 and climbing. We are all woos here. Hats of to you all in the colder areas.

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 04:48 AM »

Weather is crazy this year. West coast is 20 degrees below mormal and midwest and east coast are 20 degrees above normal. I flew Saturday morning in a longsleeve and windbreaker pullover. Should be a foot of snow on the ground and we've had about 1"all winter so far.

I hope we get more rain because if I wanted to live in Vegas I would have moved there.  Wink
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 07:40 AM »

... Should be a foot of snow on the ground and we've had about 1"all winter so far.

Oh man, isn't this your second year of no winter now? Not good.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 07:42 AM »

At 6am this morning in Northern Massachusetts the thermometer said 51 degrees.......all snow is gone....hopefully we are not having an early mud season.......

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
red sweater

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22 AM »

It seems I've taken about a month off from this forum. Unintentionally, of course.

Last week, our heat pump froze over. We had some HVAC guys out to look at it the same day. They said shut it off, and wait a week while they ordered the parts. Lots of wood in the fireplace for us. Thankfully, temps aren't too bad. They're due to have it fixed today or tomorrow.

But I'm also a woos. Not going flying in cold wind. Alert me when spring has sprung.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Mid 20's for a few more days, then we head to the deep freeze below zero. I'll be hangin' back for a awhile.

Winter flying field, it's hard to pull it off in the summer... haven't gotten that walkin' on water thing down yet, not yet.

Besides being the chief rigging inspector, LoLo's also my 'windicater'  Smiley Smiley Smiley

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:11 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
david barnby
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12 PM »

thats when we do 360s with standard kites from bmk right big brother? Cool

Join us in July when it's 113F and we'll work on your woosness.
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 05:46 PM »

I wish.

You're the youngster between the 2 of us little brother.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum