GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 07:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premier kites customer service  (Read 1592 times)
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« on: January 11, 2013, 11:42 PM »

I wanted to share an experince I had with customer service at Premier Kites

Last weekend I was tuning a 5-stack of Premier Vision 's, not long after the launched I noticed the last kite getting very squirrelly.. I then noticed one of the lower spreaders had detached from the center "T". 

After landing, I inspected the kite and discovered the "T" had actually sheared off on one side.

The next day I emailed customer service and explained the situation. I received an email back that asked for me to call Tom Savage @ Premier. I called, got voice mail, left a message... about 10 -15 minutes later I received a call back from Tom.

We discussed the part in question, he wanted to make sure exactly what part(s) I needed to repair the kite. He assured me they had the parts in stock and would have them in the mail by the next day.

I expect to see the parts sometime next week..

I just wanted to share the EXCELLENT SERVICE I received

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:13 AM »

I once bought a used Premier 19' delta, sail only. I emailed Premier trying to get the framing specs with no response. I talked with Jim Costca (now with Sky Dog Kites) while at Kite Party about the lack of response, he asked for my address, I only wanted the specs but within 2 weeks I had a complete frame on my porch when I came home one day. There's good people and not so good people wherever you go, glad to hear you hit the right channel.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22 PM »

Premier seems to go through or change people quite frequently but overall I would say Premier and Prism have the best customer support out there.  Every time I have needed info on parts/pieces/replacements for either one of these companies I can always count on someone being there to answer the phone and/or having my message returned with the info I need or the parts on their way.

I can't say this for a lot of the other companies out there, some are so pathetic with their support that it's not even worth trying to call them for info and in many times, quicker to just build the part yourself.

kiteking

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Received the parts today

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Stardragon
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:01 PM »

He's not with or from Premier but Rob Cemblast from New Tech Kites has been pretty good with me on a couple of things.  It's always good to hear when a company provides good service.  It sure beats complaining.

Ron
dayhiker

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:27 PM »

I bought my first Nexus late in a trip to Myrtle Beach & did not have the store assemble it nor did I until I returned home the next day. I found that there were no leading edge fittings, all four missing.  Called the shop & they told me who to call at Prism.  They said to tell them which shop I bought it from & that they would help me with the parts.  I called Prism, got an unsolicited apology, & was assured the parts would be parts would be mailed that day.  They arrived three days later.  I have told several people looking at buying their first kites to buy from Prism if they want parts availability.  The Nexus mentioned is the first in the stack in my avatar picture.  Prism says, "If you're not happy, we're not happy, and we'll do what it takes to make things right."  I believe them.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle
red sweater

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27 AM »

I had a part shear off the center post on my line popper. I contacted Premier to try to figure out if it was possible to fix it and how. They told me the design had changed, but if I mailed it to them they'd fix it for free.

I was very satisfied.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 07:55 PM »

I'm glad to hear that Premier has customers, and good support.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Called the shop & they told me who to call at Prism. 

This surprises me greatly.  In Australia the onus of warranty is with the retailer by law.  Shops (no matter how big or small) cannot legally fob you off to a manufacturer.  The retailer may subsequently exercise their own right to warranty from a manufacturer or wholesaler.

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 06:20 AM »

This surprises me greatly.  In Australia the onus of warranty is with the retailer by law.  Shops (no matter how big or small) cannot legally fob you off to a manufacturer.  The retailer may subsequently exercise their own right to warranty from a manufacturer or wholesaler.

As Prism kites are sold at a number of outdoor specialty stores the shop that he got it at might not have had any resources to do the repair.....
that is a super interesting thing to note though!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 10:33 AM »

THats in Aussie land.  Here in the US warrantees are by the manufacturer unless the shop is authorized to handle it.  It sounds like Dayhiker was a good trip away so calling prism worked out best.
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:18 AM »

In our shop, whenever possible, we honor and handle all warranties in shop.  We either replace the kite/item as a whole, or repair/replace as needed.  We do this as a service to our customers and then we take the products to the appropriate manufacturer to work out the details. Smiley

We stock as many parts as we do kites (maybe even more parts than kites).

kiteking

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:58 PM »

We stock as many parts as we do kites (maybe even more parts than kites).

I would consider that, as with most kite shops, a full service kite store.

And, Kent's a nice guy as well

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

dayhiker

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 04:23 PM »

I  should clarify my comment a bit.  I had returned home from my vacation & I am seven hours away from that store.  They would have taken parts from a new kite & sent them to me but I also knew I bought the last one.  Late in the season, Thanksgiving, they did not have the proper parts on hand.  They offered to order the parts & then ship them to me but suggested it might be quicker for me to call Prism myself.  Probably saved four to five days.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change