Stacking question - advice needed.

Pages: (1/2) > >>

Hadge:

I know some of you guys fly stacks and I need a little advice.

I have an HQ Delta Hawk which I use as my 'silly wind' kite when tricking gets too much work - it doesn't trick, but it pulls like a train and is great fun. I've been thinking of getting another to start making a stack but I'm not sure where to attach the link lines.

I know on a 'normal' kite you attach lines at both upper and lower outhaul connection point and the centre 'T' but the Delta Hawk is a little different.

It's a very old design so the centre T is a thick rubber ring, it has no upper spreader or fitting and instead of the uphaul lines attaching near the top of the leading edges, both uphauls attach to the spine just below the nose - a bit like the inhaul line attachs to the spine.

I understand where to put the bottom 3 lines, but where/how do I fit the 2 top link lines?  If I just fit one line from the spine I would have thought the following kite would be unstable so do i need to make 2 new attachment points on the LE where the uphauls 'should' fit?

I know it's possible as I've seen Delta Hawk stacks on Youtube so any advice would be welcome.

Ca Ike:

Same rule applies as with other kites.  A link line at each bridle attachment point.

kiteking:

Quote from: Ca Ike on January 13, 2013, 06:05 PM
--
Same rule applies as with other kites.  A link line at each bridle attachment point.

--

I am in agreement, your Hawk would have only 4 link lines, I have a stack of Speedwing's that only have three (1 on the very top and one on each leading edge)

Michel:

Have a look too here.

Itís for a stack with 5 link lines but thatís the same for only 4 link lines.

Mini-Phantom Benson stack :

Hadge:

Thanks for that guys!  ;D

One other question, what would be a good length for the link lines?  I know the Prism links are 48" but on the videos I've seen the kites seem much closer together than that.  I've seen 30" mentioned quite a lot, are there any rules as to the right length? The Delta Hawk has a 147cm - 58"- wingspan.

Pages: (1/2) > >>